Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2010 5:01:57 PM EDT
If you have experience with this brake, please give me your opinions, both pro and con.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
In for knowledge
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious as well!  Anybody?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I'm kind of curious about this myself. I have a medieval, but was considering picking up a claymore....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I wrote a review of the Claymore a few months back but I can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my Spike's 7.5" SBR and love it. I started with a Spike's complete  pistol lower then decided on a Concussion V2 Spike's upper with a 7.5 WL barrel that came with a standard A2 birdcage. The concussion is a very good name for it, particularly with the birdcage. I was considering a Pig or a PWS CQB, both of which I really like but ruled out due to weight and length. I got the Troy  Claymore and it makes a difference. My 14 year old son shoots it with me and we both agree there is no question it directs some of the concussion down range or at least a little bit further away from your head... I highly recommend it for SBRs.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm kind of curious about this myself. I have a medieval, but was considering picking up a claymore....

How do you like the Medieval?

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one on my Spike's 7.5" SBR and love it. I started with a Spike's complete  pistol lower then decided on a Concussion V2 Spike's upper with a 7.5 WL barrel that came with a standard A2 birdcage. The concussion is a very good name for it, particularly with the birdcage. I was considering a Pig or a PWS CQB, both of which I really like but ruled out due to weight and length. I got the Troy  Claymore and it makes a difference. My 14 year old son shoots it with me and we both agree there is no question it directs some of the concussion down range or at least a little bit further away from your head... I highly recommend it for SBRs.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Dferg10/f9c7e669-1.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Dferg10/5c06dbfe.jpg

Edit- pictures added
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wrote a review of the Claymore a few months back but I can't seem to find it.

Well goddamnit.
jk
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I've just put one on my 10.5 LMT and so far its great, and i like it a lot more then the A2 that it had on it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Would there be any negative reasons to run this on a 16in middy setup?

I know in the AK world, the booster style comp's increase back pressure which isn't wanted on non-Krinkov designs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you like the Medieval?

Its ok. I bought the FH design instead of the full comp. I think I notice a little bit of comp, but not as much as I'd like. It does hide flash fairly well, and I really like the aggressive end!
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one of the medieval brakes pinned on a 14.5 barrel and I really enjoy it.  I never had an A2 on it so I can't compare it to that, but I'm happy with my purchase.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one (purchased for a 10.5" build), I cut some slits in each side and tested in on a 16" Middy.  Starts getting louder but recoil starts to decrease.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top