User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2010 8:49:57 AM EDT
Been looking for one but I haven't had any hits. Thanks

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks much man.
and while you are here. what compoonents do I need for a full upper? could you list them please? this is my first build so i would muuuuch appreciate any input. thanks jcrowl

EDIT: LOOOOVE the price of the white oak barrel hehe. I'll be getting that one
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
thanks much man.
and while you are here. what compoonents do I need for a full upper? could you list them please? this is my first build so i would muuuuch appreciate any input. thanks jcrowl

You need an upper receiver, barrel nut hardware, (Delta ring if not using a freefloat), bolt carrier group, charging handle, gas block or FSB, extended flash suppressor (must be permanently attached), gas tube, and handguards or rails,. If I were you I'd ship it all to ADCO for assembly. They charge $35 to assemble a non free float upper, $50 for a free float upper and $30 to permanently attach the flash suppressor. Two day turnaround time. White Oak is great for the money, probably wouldn't notice any difference.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks much man.

You need an upper receiver, barrel nut hardware, (Delta ring if not using a freefloat), bolt carrier group, charging handle, gas block or FSB, extended flash suppressor (must be permanently attached), gas tube, and handguards or rails,. If I were you I'd ship it all to ADCO for assembly. They charge $35 to assemble a non free float upper, $50 for a free float upper and $30 to permanently attach the flash suppressor. Two day turnaround time. White Oak is great for the money, probably wouldn't notice any difference.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1861
eyeing this. professional opinion jcrowl?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks much man.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1861
eyeing this. professional opinion jcrowl?

Looks good for a monolithic rail. I don't have any myself. I like the standard flattop receiver with Larue or DD rails.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The only thing I dont like about the mono, is if something screws up on one end of it, you have to get the whole thing replaced.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
My oppinion is that monolithic rails tend to be too heavy. I prefer Daniel Defense rails, but if your on a budget YHM is pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I've decided on DD Lite 12, with 14.5" SS with pinned AAC, Rainer Arms BCG, Gunfighter charging handle
Lower, ordered today, Spikes ST-15, RRA lpk
Upper receiver: Spikes
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've decided on DD Lite 12, with 14.5" SS with pinned AAC, Rainer Arms BCG, Gunfighter charging handle

That sounds like a really great build!. I'd go with a BCM BCG, just personal taste.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Lol i MIGHT drink the bcm bcg koolaid!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like a really great build!. I'd go with a BCM BCG, just personal taste.

The reason I would order the bcg from rainier is bc they said something about matching it to the barrel
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks much man.

Why? It's easy for him to assemble it himself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't have the supplies, tools, vice, anything.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't have the supplies, tools, vice, anything.

Visit the Build It Yourself forum and read, read, and read some more - especially the tacked threads.  

The tools can vary slightly depending on what you're assembling.  Brownells sells almost all of the AR tools you can think of.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd ship it to adco since they do quality work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd ship it to adco since they do quality work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I am. I would fuck something up and loathe myself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks much man.

Why? It's easy for him to assemble it himself.

could be many reasons.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top