Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2010 4:07:18 PM EDT
I want to get a back up Bolt carrier. I have all the other parts but I dont know if an auto BC will go with the other regular AR parts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, its a good carrier (more weight) and is legal.

edit to add: If you have a Colt with the sear block pinned into the receiver, a standard carrier will not fit. Will have to stick to a half circe carrier it came with.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It will semi-auto carriers are just machined down FA carriers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want to get a back up Bolt carrier. I have all the other parts but I dont know if an auto BC will go with the other regular AR parts.

No problem as long as you don't have a Colt AR w/a sear block like this -

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, No colts . Thank you for that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Do I understand correctly, you cant use a M16 carrier in a Colt? Or are we talking about something different?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
For a while, Colt pinned in an extra block inside the receiver, so if you have that kinda rifle, regular bolt carrier will not work.
You can get it modified, block removed, but that can turn ugly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
M60joe.com..not only did he precisely remove mine he filled it with pinned in aluminum matched to the hole and then refinished and it looks like it was never there..also had him redo my trigger and hammer holes in the lower to .154..so now my match target 20" HBAR is perfect
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top