Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 10:54:23 AM EDT
I am fixing to buy an SBR upper for my M16 lower and am not sure what I should get. I want it to be reliable enough to take run through a carbine class. I was looking buying a BCM 11.5" upper with the DD Omega X rail. I also saw a Norveske Diplomat that is interesting  but haven't heard much about them. Anybody have any advice or suggestions on what to get?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
cant go wrong with LMT/BCM/DD/NOVESKE
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Larue 12" stealth.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
My first AR SBR will be with the Noveske Crusader 12".

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
keep the length to 11.5 or longer.  I would go with the BCM with the BCM extractor upgrade.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd look at the 12.5 kino configs from bcm with either a larue rail or a dd one. Gives you a little longer sight radius for shots with irons.

If you want a 11.5 upper the bcm one with the kac rail would be my choice.

A noveske or larue upper would also be on my short list.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a 11.5 upper the bcm one with the kac rail would be my choice.

That combo is arguably the sexiest, meanest I've seen!

A noveske or larue upper would also be on my short list.

More sweet choices!  It's amazing how well my Noveske 12. Crusader shoots!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Larue 12" stealth.

no go if you want  to shoot FA  Im not going to even get into my personal problems with LaRue and my FA experience with my stealth.  I will say though, it is not the best idea, or recommeded, to get a stainless steel barrel if you want to shoot your upper in FA, and if you have a M16 lower then you will want to..  just my .02

my favorite to shoot in FA, Noveske 10.5 w/heavy m249 chrome lining.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Noveske 10.5 MK 18.  My buddy over at INGO turned me on to it after he bought his and I could not resist.  Pure awesomeness.  BTW Chadwick76, he (byggpoppa) was there with you guys at the NFA day you had in July.  I couldn't make it.  I don't post much here or there.  Serial Lurker.  

Sorry for the slight hijack.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
i wondered if you that was you jeremy (seen a post or two), can't wait to go shooting with you and your "badass" upper, congrats!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
That's me!  Can't wait to form 1 my free noveske lower and get a supressor.  Need to sell my uppers to me some dough.  My wife doesn't understand the obsession!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#11]
We've got PWS, LMT CQB, and Sabre uppers in 10.5"  For cleanliness, I would suggest the PWS.  For durability and interchangeability, go with LMT.  Most economical, Sabre.  Haven't tried the others so no advice there.  I think the LMT is the best all around.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#12]
yea, my form 4 is out on my yhm phantom w/quick detatch, "best bang for the buck" IMO.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top