Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:22:01 PM EDT
First day here and I have a question... While on leave from Afghan I bought a RRA CAR4 and then built my Stag lower with DPMS LPK Magpul MBUS front and rear and cheap UTG railed handgaurd  ( no optics yet leaning torwards AP or EO).. I am new to owning an AR just not new to operating one.  I will add pics as soon as I figure out how to do so on the Gov equipment I am using here.

I only got a chance to fire about 100 rds down range (thats all the wife would allow) since I was suppose to be spending time with the fam...

I kept having the same issue after every round, the bolt would cycle to full battery and have a new round to chamber.  Problem was that the spent round was still in the chamber.  I am guessing or assuming ( I know bad woeds to use) that the extractor spring doesn't have enough tension to hold on to the spent brass and that is my problem.  I just bought the extractor upgrade kit from BCM and it is waiting for my return home to try that out.  If anyone has any more ideas of what it could be please feel free to add to my limited knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The BCM extractor upgrade is a great place to start but also take a look at your extractor to see if there are any visible burs or machining errors on it that would prevent it from grabbing the rim of the case.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The BCM extractor upgrade is a great place to start but also take a look at your extractor to see if there are any visible burs or machining errors on it that would prevent it from grabbing the rim of the case.

this
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Or just stick a # 60 o-ring on it to see if that improves extraction. If it does, get the BCM kit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone seems like I am on the right track then.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top