Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 3:48:53 PM EDT
So, I cannot seem to find hardly anybody that isn't chargin $100 with shipping for the QD version of this grip - in fact, VERY few vendors even have them in stock.

So, how is the fitment of the non-QD versions on, say, Daniel Defense Lite rails?  I know they're a pain to install, but do they losen over time?  (That's what I've heard)  I'm real anal about lose fore grips and I'd end up throwing the thing in the trash.

Should I just wait for a QD version to drop to $90 or get a FUG?  I'm pretty set on the TD Stubby as I've handled a few and like the grip/shape.

I saw a few of the black QDs come up for sale in the EE for good prices, didn't jump on 'em and now they're gone, dangit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
BUY a Larue!

I have one of the little Tango Down Stubby SOB's with the two pull down rails. I would be a "Quick Release" system if you had 3 hands and a hammer. With 2 hands they are a PITA to get on and off, expensive, and fit way too tightly on the couple of different rails I tried it on.  I would NOT buy another one.

The Larue grip may cost a little more but is far more versatile with the different lenght attatchments, will easily adjust to any rail and is so far superior in any category I can think of it's an no-brainer choice for me if you want a verticle for grip.  I also very much like the Magpul AFG's......................................DJ
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=93   $74  Black one

http://www.operationparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BGV-QDSF-BLK&click=2  $83

http://militiasupply.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=937&zenid=aa1b5s9ifm2as07rnc57rhqme1  $83

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/TDBGV-QDKBLK.aspx  $83

All are below 100 with shipping.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually like the simplicity of the original non-quick-release TangoDown VFG.  I have them on almost all of my ARs.  They can be a little snug to slide on a rail, but they fit fine on every rail I have used them on.  I also have a LaRue FUG which I like as well.  If I absolutely had to have quick release capability (which I see very little need for on a VFG), I would probably go with the LaRue over the TangoDown QR version.  I think you will be happy with either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy the grip chips with the standard stubby TD VFG. It makes it incredibly better on installing and unistalling them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine (tangodown stubby with quick release lever) from weaponparts.com for about $80 each, have you checked them?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
BUY a Larue!
+1.....................
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#7]
the Tangodown nonqd fits my Daniel Defense rail just fine, but it's a royal pain.  hope you don't plan on moving it too much.

but if you can get the stubby qd for a decent price go for it.  I couldn't be happier with mine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered a TD QD - Got it for $77 shipped, thanks to the link above.  If it fits the bill, great.  If not, I'll EE it and order a FUG.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Get the Troy Modular Combat Grip.  I had the Tango Down and I sold it and bought the Troy.  It's not QD, but QD is stupid on a non life or death part.  Plus, you get the added benefit of being able to choose between the stubby or full length.  It's just as sturdy and not a pain in the ASS to install and take off.  The only downside is that it can get really hot if you're using it near a LP gas block on a free floated rail, but if you're shooting fast enough to do create that amount of heat, you can afford some gloves to cut some of the heat.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 for the Troy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top