Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:16:55 AM EDT
Friend of mine is looking for a M4 style AR NIB with a budget of $850......NY legal.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not an expert or anything, but I just bought a Del-ton 16" with Magpul "MOE" Dark Earth foregrip, pistol grip and 6 postion stock for $834 shipped.  I did some research on Del-ton and could find no negative reports on this gun.  It seems to be very underated.  In fact, some said it is on par with bushmaster.  But like I said, I am not an expert.  Just someone looking for a functional rifle that did not break the bank.  Unfortunately, I have not shot it yet, due to shoulder surgery, but I am chomping at the bit to go to the range.  Visually and funtionally, the gun seems to be very sound and of good quality.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll second Del-ton... definatly under rated and a great gun for the buck. Here in KY most gun stores have Del-ton guns with the Magpul goodies for under $750.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what New York legal would be, but give Spike's a look.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113&products_id=387

Great deal there, or look at BCM........can't go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go with Spikes or BCM with that large of a budget.

My Delton parts kit works great, but its not nearly as close to milspec as Spikes or BCM.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Spikes would definitely be of higher quality than Delton, I am just not sure if they are NY legal.  Be sure to take a look.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My Delton parts kit works great, but its not nearly as close to milspec as Spikes or BCM.

I concur.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Friend of mine is looking for a M4 style AR NIB with a budget of $850......NY legal.

Any suggestions?

Since NY legal is a necessity, please tell us what are the NY requirements and you'll get better advice.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
The Spikes NY-legal will run you $880 shipped after coupon "Arfcom"

For those of you who don't know NY legal means: no bayo lug, pinned stock, pinned muzzle device, max 10rd mag.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in NY and I had this issue when I moved here for .mil orders...Del-ton will build you a compliant upper for under 500$
I built this little carbine from a post ban upper and a RRA lower

lower 265$
upper 295$

I put a BCM BCG inside it and slapped a carry handle I had on it
barrel is not chrome..if your buddy cares about CL..it was'nt a big deal for me on this build.

it does what I want it to and it is very handy
plus there is no doubt the gun gun is compliant.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top