Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2010 1:44:14 PM EDT
I might have the opportunity to build a SPR type rifle if funds become available

As I wish to keep the rifle length down to a minimum I think an 18 or 20 inch barrel is what Im after

As I intend to use the rifle out to 600 yards I don't want to sacrifice too much velocity

what are my options as far as barrel selection and WHY?
and please don't just tell me what barrel but back up your choice

Thanks
Rob

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
WOA because of their excellent reputation for building the best barrels.  I couldn't be happier with my 20" DMR profile barrel.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
whoops, appears I should search more and ask less
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Krieger.

I had a WOA and couldn't get it to shoot below 1 moa consistently with every hand load I could make. The Krieger shoots sub-moa with factory Black Hills.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered the Noveske 18" SPR last Friday.  I have 2 other Noveske's and there was no debate on what I wanted for this build.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
how does the polygonal rifling compare to the others?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like BCM and I will be getting it soon.

Stone
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Pick one and run with it.  If you're looking for a one is better than the other answer, I don't think you'll get it.  You will get a bunch of posts regarding people being pleased with what they have and a few of people who aren't.  Odds are that anyone of the ones listed will shoot better than you can.

I went with a BCM.  410 stainless.  5.56 Sam-R chamber (whatever that is) and hand lapped.  I was sold on it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:18:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I really like BCM and I will be getting it soon.

Stone

This, except mine is not fluted, but it's ION-bonded

J
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top