Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:48:55 AM EDT
Thinking of switching out my MOE stock for either a CTR or a Vltor Modstock. I like the MOE, but for some reason the fact that it doesn't have the friction lock bugs the crap out of me. My MOE locks up pretty solid, but honestly I think the friction lock just makes the stock look better. Also considering the modstock for it's battery storage and I like the style of the clubfoot. Also both of the stocks have the qd hole which the MOE does not. I don't really need it as I have a rear sling mount anyway. So you guys think it's worth spending  money to switch?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
check out the iMod also. best of both worlds. if your moe is pretty solid, you won't notice much diff. going to the ctr. i would just hang onto the moe unless you want/need some of the features you mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps consider the ACS. It's got the friction lock, storage and a nice cheekweld.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Whether or not you should swap stocks or not is totally up to you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow thanks for the insite :-)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]
LMT SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Over the budget.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got the MOE, CTR, Modstock, and EMOD, the tightest fitting one is my CTR with its friction lock.

If you like the cheek weld of the MOE you might like the CTR better, for a better cheek weld with a friction lock and storage then look at the ACS.

The Modstock don't have a friction lock and the fit would vary with different buffer tube manufacturers, my best fitting buffer tube with stocks without a friction lock is my BCM tube, YMMV.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I had both and couldn't tell any difference. Next time I wont waste my money for a friction lock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my Magpul ACS stock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]
love my EMOD
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Im looking to change out my moe too,it moves too much for my tastes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used the MOE, the CTR, and the ACS.

Get to a gunstore that stocks a number of different makes/models and try all of them. It's the only time you won't risk your man-card for shopping like a woman for a summer party dress.

Ultimately, its your preference (and your budget) that should determine your setup.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my ACS and I like the CTR I installed on a friends rifle.
I think the friction lock is a feature worth having.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top