Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 8:17:51 PM EDT
I have been reading up on Daniel Defense hammer forge barrels it seems very high quality. Is it better then chrome lined barrel? Daniel Defense claims to be the best barrel in the industry. I have read that hammer forge barrel has better accuracy and long life span. I'll have to try one and see how it does. what do u guys think?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know most DD HF barrels are CL.  Good company, quality product.  Do it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
here we go again lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
They ARE Chrome lined. See HERE
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of DD's CHF barrels and I am very impressed with it. I put it on a KISS setup with an A1/C7 upper. It is just fantastic.

It is 1/7 twist chrome lined. You wouldn't go wrong with it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a 14.5 DD CHF barrel that is chrome-lined for $269 shipped!
Look for the deals Bryan lists in the EE in uppers from AIM Surplus
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I would rather have a BCM SOCOM barrel.

DD seems to be a good as the other CHF manufacturers, what few there are.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it better then chrome lined barrel?

You need to define your criteria for "better".

If it is accuracy, then 9 times out of ten, non-lined is better, all other things equal.

If it is longevity and ease of maintenance, the chrome lined is almost always better, all other things equal.

Hammer forging is merely one of three ways commonly used to manufacture rifle barrels.  It has the advantage of producing a barrel that is already stress relieved right off the production line, but that does not make it inherently better that a barrel made with either of the other two methods.

So, in essence, your question does not make a lot of sense.  It's kind of like you asked, "Did you walk to work or did you bring your lunch?"
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Get one, its a great barrel. And yes, they are chrome lined too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]
bump, for interest.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#10]
i got one of spike's uppers with a DD HFB that is melonited, instead of CLB. some say the melonited barrels will give better groups than CLB, others say no. i really don't know, as i have not scoped it, and tested.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I would have no hesitation in getting any product from DD. Haven't used one of their barrels, but if I needed one I would;t hesitate in getting one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top