Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 11:02:16 AM EDT
This is the polymer lower from Cavalry Arms. I've never seen one of these in person, and I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow. Its in Tan Polymer and I'll probably alumahyde it in matte black (my upper is black). The seller want $125 and its a complete lower, with lpk buffer tube, spring, etc. Its at a price where I don't really want to say no.

just looking to see if anyone has held / shot one before I close the deal.

One of the things holding me back is that Cav Arms is currently restructuring. This particular lower has a lifetime warranty, and it is supposed to be honored by the new entity, right now, there is nothing concrete. I am also not a huge fan of a fixed stock.

Some of the things drawing me to the deal - its a heck of a deal, its 1lb lighter than any aluminum cast lower, lifetime warranty, etc.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#1]
these make great light weight lowers and Cav Arms has been a great company for me to deal with.  I don't htink you will be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
these make great light weight lowers and Cav Arms has been a great company for me to deal with.  I don't htink you will be disappointed.

+1

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]
alrighty, i guess ill jump on it then. I'm just really weary of cav arms warranty services right now, because they sold the CAV-15 platform to another company - they wont declare who it is that is now providing warranty services, and didnt say when they will announce who is providing the service.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple, love them.  Excellent length of pull, great grip angle, fantastic cheek weld.  On one of them I had to sand the inside of the mag-well to get magazines (even USGI) to drop free.  Nothing major and fixed in 5 min.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#5]
They are great!  That is an excellent deal for a complete Lower.  I would leave it Dark Earth though (actually Cav Arms "Coyote Brown" is a better match to everyone else's Dark Earth).

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#6]
DSG Arms may still be selling them for $80, FYI.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's for a STRIPPED Lower.  OP said this one is complete.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]
You can't beat that for the price.  I use my CavArms lower for a dedicated 22lr build and have a couple thousand rounds through the combo so far with no issues.  

I have also shot a hundred or so 5.56 through it using my BCM upper again with no issues.  

However when you buy, check the pin holes and take down pins for oversized holes, especially if its used.
The holes are supposed to be a little tight at first but I've heard of people filing them to enlarge them which can lead to pins walking and basically is bad for the lower.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i checked DSG - $125 and that is for the bare receiver with no lower part kit installed.

also,

sonrider657,
what handguard is that (is it an MOE?) and is that in dark earth?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 of them and use them alot.  I also used one with my .22 upper for awhile.  I am thinking of buying a couple more and they are going for under $100 now.  That is for stripped ones though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i checked DSG - $125 and that is for the bare receiver with no lower part kit installed.

also,

sonrider657,

Yeah, they went back up on price.  It was a sale until the end of August, I think.  Glad I purchased four more of them!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
sonrider657,

Yes, MOE Handguard in Dark Earth.  Note that the Cav Arms lower is their "Coyote Tan" which actually matches Magpul's Dark Earth better than what Cav Arms calls "Dark Earth".
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I recently picked up two of them from DSG during their $89 sale and free shipping. I like them so far, though I've only put about 100+/- rounds through one of them. I did have to open up the magwell a bit on both but that only took about 15min for both of them. The grip is surprisingly nice. I ordered the Hogue handall but it made the grip too bulky for me. I just need to find a sling since DSG is out of them.

$125 is a great deal if it's in good condition considering they go for $100-125 currently. I paid: $89 stripped lower + $50 DD LPK (after selling the MOE guard and pins) + $12 buffer and spring = $151.

Cav Arms builds on left
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
i have 2 and like them one was very rough and needed alot of work however yours is done so i comes down to NEVER having a warrentee.no profit in lowers right now of in the near future as the political landscape will change in november and we also have a ONE term president shawn is blowing smoke just saying
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

also,

sonrider657,

Yeah, they went back up on price.  It was a sale until the end of August, I think.  Glad I purchased four more of them!

SALE IS BACK ON...

Cavalry Arms MKII Stripped Lower Receivers for $89 good through 9/30/2010 or while supplies last

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I like mine, the buffer retaining pin can give you fits if you are not really patient and maybe use a really tiny drill bit to widen one hole, the LPK's you get have slightly shorter pins than the full width of the lower so they are slightly recessed. I owuld recomend the purchase of the hoage over grip too if you go DSG(got all 3 of mine from them) the grip is not ergonomic without it)
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Guys, take a look at ( Lower Receivers ) right now. That sale had recently expired however we are now extending the sale until the end of Sept. $89 for the standard colors. Check the website for more details.DSG Arms This was due to the high demand of CAV receivers over the past 4 weeks.

Give me a call if you guys have any questions or shoot me an email when you get a chance.

Charlie
DSG Arms
800-382-7571 ext 233
[email protected]

Damn. I was trying real hard to ignore that sale. I got 3 builds in progress now. I supose I can put a fourth on the back burner.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guys, take a look at ( Lower Receivers ) right now. That sale had recently expired however we are now extending the sale until the end of Sept. $89 for the standard colors. Check the website for more details.DSG Arms This was due to the high demand of CAV receivers over the past 4 weeks.

Give me a call if you guys have any questions or shoot me an email when you get a chance.

Charlie
DSG Arms
800-382-7571 ext 233
[email protected]

Very cool!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Charlie
DSG Arms
800-382-7571 ext 233
[email protected]

Do you have a list of FFLs on file we can see?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Any Pink ones?  

Really, it's for the wife!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any Pink ones?  

The only pink ones I've seen have been the hello kitty rifles.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any Pink ones?  

The only pink ones I've seen have been the hello kitty rifles.

My wife's winter range toy.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#24]
well, i have in my possession one new CAV-15. There isnt even any wear on the parts. Looks like the guy bought it and never mounted it.

Right off the bat, I notice the plastic is not joined completely below the trigger. Its not really a function issue, but it is not a perfect weld. The pins also fit REALLY tight into my AR upper. I had to lightly tap with a rubber mallet to get them in.

one of the problems I'm now faced with is that my 20" upper does not balance correctly, so I am either going to have to counter weight the lower in the stock, or ditch the 20" upper and go for something short and light. (this is probably a good problem to have.)
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#25]
i have a delton superlight a2 16 inch on one of mine and the ballance is good an with there new bcg it is a good deal eta 5.82 lbs with brownells 20 round empty mag
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Sean let me shoot one of his full auto 9mm dealer samples about 10 years ago. It was an A2 length buttstock and I think the A2 is just too long for practicality. I prefer the A1 myself or a tad shorter.

I'll probably get one in coyote just for kicks.

I hope everything works out for Sean and the crew at Cav Arms. As we have just witnessed, ATF is coming after the average gun owner and will set you up for a fall even if you've never broken any laws. Be careful and CYA (cover your ass). Agencies always need an enemy to keep their funding.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
. As we have just witnessed, ATF is coming after the average gun owner and will set you up for a fall even if you've never broken any laws. Be careful and CYA (cover your ass). Agencies always need an enemy to keep their funding.[/div][/div]

I hear ya
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Sean let me shoot one of his full auto 9mm dealer samples about 10 years ago. It was an A2 length buttstock and I think the A2 is just too long for practicality. I prefer the A1 myself or a tad shorter.

I'll probably get one in coyote just for kicks.

The Cavalry Arms MKII lowers that DSG Arms is selling are A1 length.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#29]
You could always chop it down. This one is cut to the length of bteween the first and second notch on an M4 stock.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Is DSG offering free shipping with these?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#31]
lt557,

what did you use on your grip?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
lt557,

it looks stippled
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
lt557,

it looks stippled

thanks. i wasn't familiar with this process. I might just try this on mine now. looks really time intensive. lol
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Any Pink ones?  

I did not see any when I ordered the blue and yellow sets a couple weeks ago.  I sure was hoping.

I am anxious for the new makers to show themselves.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#35]
well, i had the soldering iron plugged in ready to go and then thought to myself how much work it'd actually be to stipple the entire grip. lol.

so instead i cut up a few pieces of adhesive non-slip tape I had from Harbor freight for my jeep. They did what I wanted it to, and it works even better with gloves!
I'm having some difficulty finding a Magpul MOE in rifle length. Do they not make it? I've seen a couple of places with the item listed, but they all say "coming soon". Cav arms has a dark earth rifle length that I might grab for $30. Wish I could swap them my black hand guard =/

http://www.ifshtf.com/pic/guns/ar3.jpg

oh, and I have to say - I really like the cut of the stock grip. it fits my hand very well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top