Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 12:15:13 PM EDT
Does Spikes (or the company that makes their lowers) make full auto guns?  If not why do their lowers have a mark for full auto on their safety selector?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they do market to LE.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
and those of us with a RDIAS
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe Spike lowers have low shelfs which will accommodate a RDIAS, hence the third marking.

ETA: beat

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
cool, just ordered one yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

and those of us with a RDIAS

Rich bastard....j/k

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does Spikes (or the company that makes their lowers) make full auto guns?  If not why do their lowers have a mark for full auto on their safety selector?

Spike's isn't the only company putting out lowers with a third selector marking on a semi auto lower. It's for looks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got several, and they're, well.........cool!   Just be'in honest.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
"Spike's isn't the only company putting out lowers with a third selector marking on a semi auto lower. It's for looks."

I have to disagree. With a low self, a registered drop in automatic sear (RDIAS) and a full auto (M-16) fire control group installed the three position selector markings would hardly be for "looks" alone. True several companies produce RDIAS compliant lowers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Just for the looks. They look cool with the mark. LEO's could get a select fire, or if you have a drop in auto sear, then you can put a full auto parts kit in it, and the marking would be useful.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Spike's isn't the only company putting out lowers with a third selector marking on a semi auto lower. It's for looks."

I have to disagree. With a low self, a registered drop in automatic sear (RDIAS) and a full auto (M-16) fire control group installed the three position selector markings would hardly be for "looks" alone. True several companies produce RDIAS compliant lowers.

I understand this, however, a RDIAS is just as functional on a lower without the third selector markings. Nowhere in my initial post did I use the phrase "looks alone."
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmmmmm? I'm not so sure I said you used the phrase "looks alone". I merely stated that given it's full auto capibility a three position marking wasn't for "looks" alone. Sorry you took offense. No offense intended.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top