Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2010 11:59:59 PM EDT
Then try the PSE TAC 15. Simple upper change and its a powerful crossbow and easily goes right back to a rifle. Think this might be interesting for any crossbow hunters out there.

Here is a youtube video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzc22e0xRX4

Here is their website: http://www.tac15.com/

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That might be a good option for the guys that live in states where you can't own a can. Silence is golden, lol.

I like the part of the video where they have the chainsaw on the bottom. I have a feeling we will see one of these in a movie sooner or later.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 1:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't like the price tag so I made arrow shooter myself and the speeds of my arrows are faster

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the local dealers has one, and they are VERY expensive.  IIRC, they are around $900, and that doesn't even include the price of the lower.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
No.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If I am not mistaken PSE claims it's very accurate at 100 yards.  Thats pretty darn good for an arrow, considering most bows aren't that great at anything past 50 yards.  Of course the shooter makes all the difference.  But I wouldn't spend that much on it knowing that I wouldn't shoot at a deer at any great distance with it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]
$1299 - $1599 ....no thanks.
Link
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Link

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

$1500 for 11th century technology? I think I'll pass
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

cool concept, but way overpriced. i don't see those selling very well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
A crossbow is not the same as a bow as a crossbow can usually shoot farther than a bow and involves more mechanics. A good crossbow can effectively shoot out to 100 yards with a little practice.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I would love one of those, but the price, and Here behind the iron curtain, we are not aloud to have one of those, unless you hunt, and are in a wheel chair

I would think about getting one if I have a horrible car accident, or if when I'm 70-90 years old, and in my wheelchair

But yeah, I would love to have one if I could.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#12]
i wouldn't mind one but. i don't see these selling well with the price tag on them. but for me it would be more of a novelty item until the zombies come and i run out of bullets. but other then that i don't know the price of crossbows but at 1100 bucks almost seems like you could buy a separate crossbow, sure its not the same cool factor but it will get the job done.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A crossbow is not the same as a bow as a crossbow can usually shoot farther than a bow and involves more mechanics. A good crossbow can effectively shoot out to 100 yards with a little practice.

a good AR can shoot up to 600 yrds with a little practice.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#14]
it's funny how since AR sales have soared through the roof that everyone is trying to get into the game by any means possible. I'd just get a regular crossbow, a top end one from Ten Point will cost about $1000 and you won't have to tie up one of your Ar lowers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

people pay that much and more for 1911s all the time

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

people pay that much and more for 1911s all the time

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

The 1911 is a little newer than 11th century technology but I see your point.

The price IS defiantly high for this thing but I thought it might be of interest to somebody out there. With this you get a pretty accurate fast shooting crossbow with whatever trigger,grip and stock you have on your AR. This also makes it easier to switch up those components if you want something different. More than likely I see hunters looking at this more than anyone that has an AR for target shooting or defense.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]
" good crossbow can effectively shoot out to 100 yards with a little practice"

not to start any arguments, but this statement is misleading at best.   ANY arrow is not accurate at 100 yds unless you are indoors shooting paper targets with field tips.

To attempt a shot at 100yds at any game animal is crazy.  The KE at 100 yds is marginal at deer sized game.  100yd shots at game would also have serious chances of
wounding the game as I am pretty sure a deer will move in the time it takes an arrow to cover 100yds.  And it better be in the open since you will need to aim 10 feet above the
animal, which in itself does not bode well for real world field accuracy.  any breeze?  5 mph wind will play havoc in the field,  especailly with broadheads.

accurate at 100yds?   good for advertising but not true in the field.  Liitle parctice?  come on.  100 yd shots in the filed requires tons of practice.

Just my 2 cents based on my 30 yrs of archery experience with everything from longbows, compounds, and crossbows.  This type of advertising is irresponsible.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Since the lower is serialized and a FIREARM, how would this thing be legal to use in an archery hunt?

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Tell me something I dont know, PimpedGSG. I was in the military and shot out to 600 Meters with the M16 and also the M14
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#20]
There you go FL.. A crossbow might be fun to shoot a bail of hay in your backyard, because your neighbors would frown upon you popping rds off from your AR....I'm thinking one of those crossbow pistols for like 100.00....any more and you lose the fun factor......that and about after 5 minutes it would become kinda lame.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I would love one of those, but the price, and Here behind the iron curtain, we are not aloud to have one of those, unless you hunt, and are in a wheel chair

I would think about getting one if I have a horrible car accident, or if when I'm 70-90 years old, and in my wheelchair

But yeah, I would love to have one if I could.
This is changing:

NYS Senate PASSES CROSSBOW BILL!!!!!

Last night the NYS Senate passed S.6793-B which legalizes the crossbow for hunting in NYS and authorizes the DEC to promulgate regulations for their use (by anyone and everyone) during the regular big game and extended big game seasons. Effectively this bill will open up the woods for those who wish to use a crossbow during all hunting seasons EXCEPT the early archery season, a compromise made to quiet the rancor from NYB.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/politic...w-hunting-bill

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Since the lower is serialized and a FIREARM, how would this thing be legal to use in an archery hunt?

Only good during firearm or general season unless used on non game animals
in the states I like to hunt

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Whats that saying about a fool and his money......
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#24]
That cross bow/chainsaw combo is just what ya need in zombie country.....hence, look out for these to really take off in the Monroeville, Pa.
mall area.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If I am not mistaken PSE claims it's very accurate at 100 yards.  Thats pretty darn good for an arrow, considering most bows aren't that great at anything past 50 yards.  Of course the shooter makes all the difference.  But I wouldn't spend that much on it knowing that I wouldn't shoot at a deer at any great distance with it.

People shoot out to and past 100 yards with recurve and compound bows.
Dusting
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A bow is way more effecient than a cross bow because the length of draw is longer and the arrow is heavier, this is why crossbows have higher draw weights to compensate. Bows usually have a further range than crossbows. A crossbow is not very much more mechanical either, basically the only difference is a trigger.
Dustin
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#27]
One thing to consider with this bow is that it is on the bleeding edge of crossbow performance.  The money is going into that last 5% performance gain over a similar crossbow.  Its out of my price range.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Want to turn your AR-15 into a crossbow?

No.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top