Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2010 12:44:01 PM EDT
Anyone else out there have this barrel?  If so, what kind of ammo has given you the best accuracy results?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Very few people would pay for a premium barrel of that quality to put it on a M4 style rifle. It's a match barrel. Some will have them on DCM style rifles and varmint rigs, not too many on the short rifles.

Best accuracy results come from match bullets weighing 52, 53, 68, 69, 75 or 77 grains. Hornady, Black Hills, Federal and hand loaded are your basic options.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If I'm not mistaken that's the barrel used on the SEAL Recon Rifle
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
correct they are used on the recon's.. also liija does not make their barrels shorter than 16" for civi's as they do not want to go through the trouble of verifing your tax stamps
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
correct they are used on the recon's.. also liija does not make their barrels shorter than 16" for civi's as they do not want to go through the trouble of verifing your tax stamps

it's not up to them to verify anything
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one, but I don't shoot for groups with 4X ACOG.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

it's not up to them to verify anything

they state so on their website that they do not wish to go through the hassle
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Where might I purchase one of these barrels?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where might I purchase one of these barrels?

http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/lilja_precision_rifle_barrels.htm
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
CG Always Ready  Has a Lila  Match grade barrel on his DD M4

Ive seen it shoot  and hold 1 MOA easy  with different loads

Tiny groups at 100y  with a 4x  ACOG   . Im sure if Dale would of used a Target scope groups would be under 1MOA

Also the rest Dale used was filled with corn cobb  not SAND  wich I like better

I gave Dale  some of my Black Hills blue 75gr to shoot,
Since I wasnt getting tight groups like I would of liked.
It group just a tad over 1inch

Best groups came from handloads 77gr smk  
and the 55grVMAX if I remember right.

I would love a LILA BARREL

Also  the DDM4/Lila hasnt hicup yet

The ARMS Folding FSB kicks butt as well

Match Grade M4 that runs 100% sounds great
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have one, but I don't shoot for groups with 4X ACOG.  

WOW  I know a member here with the same set up

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]
From the Lilja site––-
We've been asked about making AR type barrels shorter than 16" for SBR's. The short answer is no, we won't make sub-16" long barrels. The ATF views SBR's similar to supressors and a $200 tax is paid on the AR lower receiver. The lower is registered with ATF and a barrel manufacturer would need a copy of the owner's paper work on the lower to make a SBR barrel. We don't want to go through the trouble involved in this niche market and will not make barrels shorter than 16".

Either they are ignorant or lying. Either way, those are not traits that I look for in a company. The barrels look nice and seem to offer great performance, but I just can't force myself to do business with companies that will give these type of statements. For the prices they have, you could certainly get a 1 MOA capable barrel from a company that is honest or knowledgable about manufacturing SBR barrels. Centurion, Noveske, etc. It's your money though....
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
From the Lilja site––-
We've been asked about making AR type barrels shorter than 16" for SBR's. The short answer is no, we won't make sub-16" long barrels. The ATF views SBR's similar to supressors and a $200 tax is paid on the AR lower receiver. The lower is registered with ATF and a barrel manufacturer would need a copy of the owner's paper work on the lower to make a SBR barrel. We don't want to go through the trouble involved in this niche market and will not make barrels shorter than 16".

Either they are ignorant or lying. Either way, those are not traits that I look for in a company. The barrels look nice and seem to offer great performance, but I just can't force myself to do business with companies that will give these type of statements. For the prices they have, you could certainly get a 1 MOA capable barrel from a company that is honest or knowledgable about manufacturing SBR barrels. Centurion, Noveske, etc. It's your money though....

I cant see a match grade barrel SBR

I can get my Rack Grade M4 barrel to shoot 1MOA 3 and 5rd groups

But not every single time.

I wish it could

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree. I really wouldn't see the point in a match grade SBR either, but it's the whole premise of them supposedly having to submit your paperwork for each short barrel poduced. What about pistol barrels? There must be a stack of papers a mile high for all of those pistol barrels
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Shorter barrels are generally more accurate.  John Noveske has shot some of his best groups with a 12.5" Barrel. IIRC

Newarguy has a Lilja barrel.  He said it's one of his most accurate barrels.  I've heard very good things about them in the past.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top