Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2010 7:01:09 PM EDT
OK everyone told me to just get a standard BCM, but I got a chrome one!  I took my Young's Chrome M16 BCG for a test run. After a hundred rounds it got somewhat dirty....

Sorry pictures are a little dark.

This is after 60 seconds, using only a napkin! Talk about quick cleanup!!!

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Precisely why I have been thinking of moving to a chrome BCG...not so much for ease of cleanup, but so that I know I did it right...
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Precisely why I have been thinking of moving to a chrome BCG...not so much for ease of cleanup, but so that I know I did it right...

Plus it looks sexy
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotta come across a retro Colt chrome carrier with forward assist serrations. Oh, I'll be happy then. Looks good OP!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
So you asked the hive, went the other way and are now throwing it in our faces?

J/K...I would (may have) said get the chrome...it's not going to hurt anything and if the cost is acceptable to YOU then it's worth getting.

Same as a CHF barrel.

Now if LWRCI would just start shipping FailZero/EXO coated ACBs I'd be happy!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and good job on the key staking.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the same exact BCG and I totally agree...I have never owned a BCG other then a chrome one and I never plan on it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I found a way to get easier clean up with out having to go chrome BCG...Osprey drop in piston system.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I found a way to get easier clean up with out having to go chrome BCG...Osprey drop in piston system.

Link Posted: 5/31/2010 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my chrome too...

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Youngs (Spike's labeled) BCG and agree the easy clean-up is really really sweet!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Try an NP3 coated BCG.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one in my SPRish build, and I love it!.  For my soon-to-be SBR, I am looking for something in black.  Perhaps Ion-bond, or something similar, otherwise I would definately get another chromed Young BCG.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I do not see where that is different than any quality BCG.  I frequently go 200+ rounds before even thinking of cleaning, and it always wipes right off.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I do not see where that is different than any quality BCG.  I frequently go 200+ rounds before even thinking of cleaning, and it always wipes right off.

I have to wipe my phosphate BCG's several times in the same area, with force to get it to be perfectly clean, with the chrome, it was one wipe, and it was perfectly clean.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#15]
To plinkr415 I dont compalin when the DI guys drop their .02 in the piston forum..how ever the truth is the truth.I can do it without chrome and cleaner.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:12:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To plinkr415 I dont compalin when the DI guys drop their .02 in the piston forum..how ever the truth is the truth.I can do it without chrome and cleaner.

I'm not one of those DI guys who drop their .02 in the Piston Forum.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:37:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Did the carrier come staked like that? I've got the same one, but mine wasn't staked.

It's been great otherwise though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:09:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Easy clean up is only a coincidental bonus. The real beauty of chrome is lubricity and resistance to wear and corrosion.
I think that may have been why Gene Stoner specified it in the TDP.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Easy clean up is only a coincidental bonus. The real beauty of chrome is lubricity and resistance to wear and corrosion.

The Colt TDP was around when Stoner designed the M16? Interesting.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did the carrier come staked like that? I've got the same one, but mine wasn't staked.

I believe it depends on who you ordered it from. Ihave the same one also. I ordered it from Rainer and it came already staked.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it depends on who you ordered it from. Ihave the same one also. I ordered it from Rainer and it came already staked.

THIS

Unfortunetly staked ones have no warranty!
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Incorrect;

Colt didn't have the TDP until after they bought it from ArmaLite.

If there is still doubt about Stoner spec-ing chrome for the BCG search our E E for retro slick side chrome BCG or theAR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
to learn more.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top