Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2010 2:49:48 PM EDT
was going to order a complete rifle from YHM when i get back from deployment, mainly the Black Diamond Spectre XL YHM15.

this is just for plinking/targets, but also a little gift from me to myself.

any reviews for this company at all?
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Great stuff - I've got an upper, lower and barrel from them, and couldn't be happier.  Well worth consideration, for sure.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Spectre kit on one of mine. I like it the rails are a little out of spec though I had to fit my Tango down VFG.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
YHM is great, I have bought a bolt carrier group and a number of free float rails and they are high quality, affordable components.  You won't regret buying from them.  That being said, one could probably pick and choose components and assemble a comparable quality carbine for less money than the 1400 price that they list for the Specter XL.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I love their stuff and use a ton of it.  I also like the fact that they will give dealer discounts to C&R holders even though they make nothing for traditional C&R firearms.  Good products, good customer service, good prices, what's not to like about them?
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I used one of their M4 ramped flat tops in a build and it was great and the Sabre Defence barrel matched up with the ramps perfect.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
great quailty stuff....<><....:)
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have their Light Weight Free Float 4 Rail. Good stuff
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Love their BUIS, have several.  Not a big fan of their free floating rails, it was pain in the ass to install and the rail is too thick to hold comfortably.  Sold it after one outing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I used a YHM barrel, rail system, flash hider, and gas block on my build, and it's all performing satisfactorily.  I think their stuff is excellent for the price.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the Spectre kit on one of mine. I like it the rails are a little out of spec though I had to fit my Tango down VFG.

More likely the VFG was small.  Mine was the same way.  Really tight regardless of the rail I tried it on.  Makes for a more secure mount.

I've got a lot of YHM parts on various rifles.  The only thing I don't have from them is a barrel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea YHM makes some great products, i used their diamond fluted barreled upper and put a MI free float rail on it for my duracoat Flat dark Earth build. She shoots great and looks pretty darn good, at least to me. I have been meaning to put some pictures up before i put it on the EE. Shoots like a dream and no malfunctions.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#12]
my friend and I both got complete uppers, diamond specter 16 inch.  LOVE EM, no problems at all.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Most people on here don't use it because its not the new cool thing, but with the YHM products I've used, I've been pleased.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a complete YHM rifle that I loced very much. I traded it for something that vaulted me into the upper tier of guns though. I never had any issue with it other than the notched hammer on the lower would not work with my 22 uppers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I like their diamond handguards and front sights.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
No problems with their riser blocks except they are short
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
My diamond Spectre upper shoots better than 1 moa if I do my part.  Eats every type of ammo I feed it with no problems.  I've got a little over 2k rounds through mine with NO malfunctions and acceptable accuracy with every type of ammo I've tried.  ( Wolf, Prvi, Fed, WIN, Hornady, etc...)  Got my upper for $800 and put it on a Mega lower with CMMG parts kit, touch over $1k into it minus optics.  

I don't think you'll be disappointed.  The ONLY problem I've had is the sling swivel studs pulling out when I'm slung up HARD with my quick cuff.  I've got a MI stud on order.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I have had alot of thier parts. I have one of thier lowers on my LMT upper. I like it because no one seems to have YHM lowers. Very clean and nice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#19]
YHM is GTG
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]
thier stuff works great, just some of it is ugly and since it aint high dollar some of the arfcom-nazis will run it into the ground.  I have a part from them and it works as advertised.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top