Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2010 6:30:24 PM EDT
My Colt 6520... already had the barrel cut to 14.7" and permed the FH/ Found a Colt C7 upper/..sent it to ADCO for the swap out// And found an Aimpoint 3000 ( documented on BHD carbines). Still need an older style safety selector.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Freakin Nice!!!!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet addition to your casting couch J
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope you get as much action as that couch does
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
CLASSIC....me likey, however its a default...i.e. that certain special pony barrel....well played sir

eta....no aimpoint3000 details...how does it compare to the present?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
aaaannnnndddddd.... I'm jealous!

awesome!

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
doubletap...

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
nice,   but too bad its an A2 lower instead  of A1 profile.

Technically thats not a C7 upper.    as it was made after colt stopped making the C7s and diemco started to maek them. not that it matters  its still sweet

now you need the old surefire  light with barrel mount and  pressure switch and some tape.

ETA is that a colt    buttstock and if so where did you get it?

you need some 550 and OD tape  on tat sling attached to the  upper sling loop and FSB too look all delta force BHD cool
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Technically thats not a C7 upper.    as it was made after colt stopped making the C7s and diemco started to maek them. not that it matters  its still sweet

now you need the old surefire  light with barrel mount and  pressure switch and some tape.

you need some 550 and OD tape  on tat sling attached to the  upper sling loop and FSB too look all delta force BHD cool

Yup..got the Colt buttstock from Autoweapons
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry it doesn't live up to your expectations,,you seem to have become the expert who criticises everyone else these days
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry it doesn't live up to your expectations,,you seem to have become the expert who criticises everyone else these days

WOW...the most factual thing i have heard on this site in WEEKs
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome rifle!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow take a chill pill

just offering up suggestions to  help out.  Guess I will stay out of your  threads form now on, I dont want to hurt anyones feelings   trying to help them learn more about something
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, very nice. Now I know where the A2 upper came from that you posted on the EE.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW...the most factual thing i have heard on this site in WEEKs

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup..got the Colt buttstock from Autoweapons

"N" Marked?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]
That is really cool.  I've always liked weapons that strive to be historically accurate! (I just wish I could afford to be - a- building 'em)

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks great!  Nice job!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he meant to criticize your build.  I took it as him pointing out how to make it the build factually correct if you were inclined to get it exactly right.  trying to completely replicate what was used.  

ETA:  Forgot to add that I like the build and you have a kick-ass collection of rifles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he meant to criticize your build.  I took it as him pointing out how to make it the build factually correct if you were inclined to get it exactly right.  

I think Jcrowl doesnt anybody to help him "factually" get them correct when he is the only guy building a collection of "factually" correct guns..... and I esp. do not see any blue couch specials from nic pic
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I always wondered how the chin weld works out on optics mounted that high
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow take a chill pill

just offering up suggestions to  help out.  Guess I will stay out of your  threads form now on, I dont want to hurt anyones feelings   trying to help them learn more about something

Sorry about that, no offense taken.  I just took it the wrong way was all. Feel free to comment whenever
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Very nice!
Will it zero? It looks like the aimoint is canted up, maybe its just my eyes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Very nice!
Will it zero? It looks like the aimoint is canted up, maybe its just my eyes.

Probably just an optical illusion.  The carry handle has a taper and the hand guards have a taper so it makes the Aimpoint seem like its canted.  If you look at the Aimpoint in reference to the upper receiver area where the BCG sits it looks to be parallel.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Am I the only one who sees that Aimpoint canted up in the front???

EDIT: All your page two are belong to us!
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Now that I look at it again, I think you're right.

looks like the ARMS mount needs to be adjusted.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Yet another nice one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are right. I may need to adjust the position of one of the Weaver rings on the scope so it sits securely in the rail.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are right. I may need to adjust the position of one of the Weaver rings on the scope so it sits securely in the rail.

oh i just thought thats how they did it back in the day

badass gun... again.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I like it.

thumbs up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Very nice, I like the old school setup.

So ya, I don't think I could ever describe how to setup that sling, but back in the day before all the tactical nylon companies were making us great slings...that sling is extra long so you can make it a tactical 3 point sling. The down side to that setup was it's not nearly as adjustable as the new ones, especially a VTac or something along those lines.

Anyway, again....nice setup!

Oh ya, one more thing... I think someone already mentioned it, but if you can find a "FSP Triangle" and use that for your front sling attachment, ya that would definitely add to it!! (don't forget the 100mph tape on the triangle to make it nice and quiet! ;) )
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I like it. Have you got any pictures of the actual guns? I'm wondering if they were set up with an A2 pistol grip or an A1. My cloneish kinda thing has an A1.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he meant to criticize your build.  I took it as him pointing out how to make it the build factually correct if you were inclined to get it exactly right.  

I think Jcrowl doesnt anybody to help him "factually" get them correct when he is the only guy building a collection of "factually" correct guns..... and I esp. do not see any blue couch specials from nic pic

Markings...Shmarkings....!!!!!

727 - yes te BCG is from a early m16a1, and the upper is "4" marked, but I DONT CARE...I am not spending more money on ARs......

And yes, my picture go messed up on upload.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

one of the rings did not engage the rail on one side...
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I always wondered how the chin weld works out on optics mounted that high

like this...at least that is the way I am doing and am sticking to it.

I am still debating if I want to get ARMS rings for the aimpoint and a scope or use, Leopold old style lever screw QD rings ()

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 4:09:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 4:32:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#41]
very nice carbine. However correct me if I am wrong, were not the BHD carbines A2 sight models?
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My Colt 6520... already had the barrel cut to 14.7" and permed the FH/ Found a Colt C7 upper/..sent it to ADCO for the swap out// And found an Aimpoint 3000 ( documented on BHD carbines)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/100_0155.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/100_0156.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/100_0161.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/100_0159.jpg
Nice

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Markings...Shmarkings....!!!!!

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1859/1000665k.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3306/1000667j.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7266/1000668i.jpg

727 - yes te BCG is from a early m16a1, and the upper is "4" marked, but I DONT CARE...I am not spending more money on ARs......
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7305/1000669.jpg

And yes, my picture go messed up on upload.

I have an upper just like the one posted. Anything you could tell me about them would be great.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Better pics substituted
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top