Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 12:24:26 PM EDT
I'm considering a 14.5" bbl. w/ a 14.5" barrel and would have ADCO perm attach a FH/brake to bring to legal length.  I'm not real big on silencers...sorry.  I'm really leaning toward the FSC-556 because of it's awesome recoil/jump control, and it still does a little flsh suppressing.  

- Phantom     It's sturdy and effective.

- Extended A2.  Cheap and get's the job done.

- FSC-556    It's sturdy and does both FH and recoil dampening

- Vortex   It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.  

- AAC Blackout    It's awesome for FH, and sturdy?

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount      Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor

- Surefire Brake/FH w/ teeth     Just in case I ever wanted to mount a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Vortex or the Blackout 51 tooth.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Phantom 5C series
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Vortex for performance
then the 5C1 for value/looks
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Phantom 5C series

This.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
look ive been throwing around this exact same thought for about a month now while i buy up all the parts to my new rifle, and here is my mindset

first off.......you want flash hiding capability.........so go ahead and there you have your list

- Phantom It's sturdy and effective.

- Extended A2. Cheap and get's the job done.

- FSC-556 It's sturdy and does both FH and recoil dampening

- Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.

- AAC Blackout It's awesome for FH, and sturdy?

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor

- Surefire Brake/FH w/ teeth Just in case I ever wanted to mount a suppressor.

now lets go ahead and weed out some, i chose to weed out the phantom just because i already have one and it really doesn't look that sturdy to me (im not gunna test it)

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor

ok now here is where we divide into two groups, suppressor and non suppressor...............well, it sounds like your really considering a suppressor in your future so i would go ahead and make a decision that supports that, and since the new Gemtech Halo's dont work with the FSC556 anymore, and the blackout without teeth wont support a suppressor that leaves you with

Now at this point my knowledge is limited and someone may want to follow from here because i am not sure if the A2 extened even works with the Gemtech Halo Suppresor or not, i doubt it does (so you may wind up Xing that). But anyways that leads you to basically a decision relying on what brand suppressor do you want. Because in the end your going to wind up with either....

- Extended A2. Cheap and get's the job done.  ––––––––––––––-(if it works with the Halo)

- Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.   ––––––––––––––(Gemtech Halo)

- AAC Blackout/Brake w/ teeth for suppressor mount Just incase I ever wanted a suppressor ––––––––––––––––-(Blackout M4/2000)

- Surefire Brake/FH w/ teeth Just in case I ever wanted to mount a suppressor.––––––––––––––––––––(whatever they use)

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Just as a pure financial decision, if you have the cash go Vortex because it's hard to beat for flash control.

Else - Phantom or might I suggest the Saylor's Machine Phoenix (similar to phantom, sold by rainier arms).  I like damn near all of them, but these three are my favorites.  I do think the Phoenix could take more of a lick than the Phantom, so would rate it as studier without actual destructive testing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Phantom 5C series

This.

Hell yeah. 5C1
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Vortex would be my first choice but, if you're really serious about a supressor down the road, decide which suppressor you want most then get the FH for it..
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Vortex would be my first choice but, if you're really serious about a supressor down the road, decide which suppressor you want most then get the FH for it..

well hell jboy723 pretty much said exactly what I was going to post..
I love my vortex and dont plan on changing until I get a suppressor down the road but that might be on an SBR anyways
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Vortex It's awesome for FH, sturdy too.

this
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup, the Vortex will work on the new Halo - http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=303750
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]
So, Is the Phantom not that sturdy?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Vortex or the Blackout 51 tooth.

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#17]
For performance
Vortex then Phantom

For cost
Phantom then Vortex

Just my .02
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top