Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2010 12:55:07 AM EDT
TangoDown forward grip and LaRue rails do not like each other!  I've tried for the past 20 minutes to get it to slide on there with no avail.  It is now stuck just behind the forward sling attachment.  I guess the hammer and file will come out tomorrow to make it fit.  

Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes rails are a little bigger or smaller,or shaped slightly different.My Noveske SWS rial did not fit Magpul rail covers.I had to file the rail covers a little to get them to lock tight.Everything else fits on the rails perfect?
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:35:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive had issues in the past with Tango Down and DD rails
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

TangoDown forward grip and LaRue rails do not like each other! I've tried for the past 20 minutes to get it to slide on there with no avail. It is now stuck just behind the forward sling attachment. I guess the hammer and file will come out tomorrow to make it fit.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mine was a SOB too
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've thought about sending it back and getting something else.  I was literally picking myself up off my chair while trying to press it on the rail.  I'll try to get it off tomorrow and see what I can do with it...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an issue with a TD VG on a YHM rail, it fit on the LaRue rail. I tend to think it was the VG out of Spec
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoulda got the QD version!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

QD is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
There are two little peices of plastic called grip chips (TD) that work wonders for putting on and taking off their VFGs. So instead of needing three hands you can do it with two.

And sometimes they don't fit from what I hear but a file is supposed to work. Own 4 TD VFG by the way and not a problem with any of them (all non-QD)
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was gonna say this.  QD makes life much easier.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#11]
My TD/Larue combo is tight, but I had no problem getting it on. It's not the QD version.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#12]
It's been well documented that the standard TD VFG can be a real pain to get on most rails. You never know if you're going to get one that fits well or one that takes ignorance & brute force to install on any given rail.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top