Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 3:44:51 PM EDT
Is Foliage Green now out of style?  It seems that it was a fad that has faded quickly.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It's still my personal favorite besides black..
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
FG is my preference for most rifles at this point - the color works well around here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I still heart foliage green.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a lower with FG grip and stock.  Just waiting for my 18" Saber upper to come in Friday and i will have a FG rifle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
My choice is foilage green
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I though maybe that could be a new color "dead foliage" lol. My opionion is that foliage green best matches the UCP pattern of the ACU, and since this pattern has fallen out of grace, if it ever was in grace, I think the same maybe the eventual fate of FG. Personally I think OD or Coyote FDE are much better in nature, never have seen any greenish grey foliage where I live.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear it every day and it sucks.  Matches parking lots.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Getting the parts together for a foliage green build.
Maybe if it isn't popular I can save a few $$ on the UBR I need to order.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought the Magpul MOE kit in FDE and I'm thinking I should have got it in Foliage......................  Oh well, time for another build!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Alive and kicking

Sir James...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I have foliage green equipment I switch between it and olive drab green.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]

where did you get an iMOD?! i want one!

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I though maybe that could be a new color "dead foliage" lol. My opionion is that foliage green best matches the UCP pattern of the ACU, and since this pattern has fallen out of grace, if it ever was in grace, I think the same maybe the eventual fate of FG. Personally I think OD or Coyote FDE are much better in nature, never have seen any greenish grey foliage where I live.

I thought the same, it got me excited.  I have no desire for FG on an AR, but I do like my Maxpedition pack which is FG.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm interested also..
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I like it just fine.
I could care less about what is "in style".

Mine:

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Not one of the cool kids I guess
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wear it every day and it sucks.  Matches parking lots.

LOL, yeah, I don't know how they got the name "foliage green" for that color. It sure doesn't match the foliage anywhere that I have lived.....

I think the world is ready for a new AR accessory color; something that actually matches the greens that are typically found in nature. The green from woodland Marpat would be a decent choice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm interested also..

I picked it up yesterday at one of the local Fun Store's. Truth be told I usually do not go out there too often as they are on the other side of the city from me and they tend to be a little pricey.  Well I was nosing around and they had three of them on the shelf.  Black, FDE and the Foliage one that you see in the pic.  I had to do a double take to make sure.  After talking to the guys at the shop they stated that the owner of the shop picked them up at SHOT so I guess they are pre-production models.
Linky to my orignial thread

Sir James...
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#20]
My new rifle I built is FG  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top