Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:07:43 PM EDT
I have a armalite target model 20" stainless steel triple lapped match barrel, h bar.  would there be any extra care needed for the stainless barrel versus the others (example: cleaning, lubricating) or is it more durable, I plan on doing the manual break in, also what would be the difference in the finely tuned two stage national match trigger versus standard trigger, does that mean that the tuned match trigger was put together and tested more precisely.  I inherited the rifle, was new a few months ago and never shot.   "YET"
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.  Follow the manufacturers rec. for break in and be sure to clean it after each range trip.  While ss barrels may not be as durable as chrome lined, they tend to be more accurate.

Check out this side of the board for more info on precision-esq AR's:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=5

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Match triggers tend to be crisp, free from creep, overtravel and have less pull weight.  A good trigger enhances accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
congrats...i personally feel I my accuracy have improved on my precision AR with a 2 stage..that's not to say nice single stage isn't capable though..
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys for the quick response, I plan on using hoppe's 9 solvent for hard cleaning and break free CLP for lubricating, would that be ok to use on the stainless barrel and rest of rifle, I don't want to use anything that would damage it. thanks again
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys for the quick response, I plan on using hoppe's 9 solvent for hard cleaning and break free CLP for lubricating, would that be ok to use on the stainless barrel and rest of rifle, I don't want to use anything that would damage it. thanks again
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Wipe Out line of bore cleaners.  Works a lot better than hoppes and smells better.

CLP is good stuff, but I prefer Machine Gunners lube from LaRue.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top