Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2009 5:55:43 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting a NORGON ambi-mag release for my gun..

I am a right handed shooter but figure it would help with off hand mag changes..

The thing that I am worried about is the gun rubbing up against my plate carrier and dropping the mag..
Has anyone ran into this problem??

Any other issues with the Norgon ambi release??

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've run the Norgon on several lowers for years now and have never had an accidental mag release because of it.
A superb product.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
hey im a lefty and ive been looking at this thing for a while but wasn't sure if i wanted to get one

ive kinda already settled in to my ways of making everything work out for me but still, if i put a mag release over there on the left side of my gun i eliminate a few steps that would certainly increase my reload time

have you at all found it difficult or stiff or at all hard to apply enough pressure to the mag release to get it to drop, ive never had a chance to actually use one and dump a mag so i was just curious if it moves with about the same amount of pressure the standard right handed mag release button does
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am thinking about getting a NORGON ambi-mag release for my gun..

I am a right handed shooter but figure it would help with off hand mag changes..

The thing that I am worried about is the gun rubbing up against my plate carrier and dropping the mag..
Has anyone ran into this problem??

Any other issues with the Norgon ambi release??

Thanks

i have not had a problem like that...its actually fairly protected. its about the same height as the bot release

plus its actually a fairly small area that has to be pressed to get it to go. but yet big enough to easily press under pressure

Quoted:
hey im a lefty and ive been looking at this thing for a while but wasn't sure if i wanted to get one

ive kinda already settled in to my ways of making everything work out for me but still, if i put a mag release over there on the left side of my gun i eliminate a few steps that would certainly increase my reload time

have you at all found it difficult or stiff or at all hard to apply enough pressure to the mag release to get it to drop, ive never had a chance to actually use one and dump a mag so i was just curious if it moves with about the same amount of pressure the standard right handed mag release button does

i dont really get what your asking here
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had my bolt go into battery many times while the gun is slung. That is why I am worried about the mag falling out..
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I am left-handed and use the Norgon on every AR I own.  I have never had an accidental magazine drop.  It's smaller and a little stiffer than the right-side mag button.  It's also a lever that needs to be pushed only on the end for it to work.  If you push on the middle, (like bumping into an object) nothing happens.

E.T.A. Keep in mind too that the bolt catch works completely the opposite of the Norgon.  The bolt catch is under spring tension to RELEASE, and it is only being held back by the pressure from the bolt wanting to move forward.  It's natural state is to release the bolt, and when you press the release, you're working WITH the spring..

The norgon is under spring tension to HOLD.  You must push AGAINST the spring to get it to release the magazine.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have had my bolt go into battery many times while the gun is slung. That is why I am worried about the mag falling out..

Don't know the answer to your question, but why do you walk around with your weapon slung and the bolt locked back?
Dustin
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know the answer to your question, but why do you walk around with your weapon slung and the bolt locked back?
Dustin

Bolt locked back is a REQUIREMENT in most shooting sports when you're between stages.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't speak for the Norgon ambi-mag release but I can speak for the KAC one. I have one on my left handed 6.8. Need to order a few more for my other guns. I really like it as I do shoot left handed. For right handed shooters it has a bigger mag release button on the other side of the gun.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dustin

Alot of classes and shooting organizations require it to show that the weapon is safe..

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top