Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 12:20:19 PM EDT
A friend of mine was telling me of a modification to a standard AR -15 that it fire on a squeeze of the trigger and on release of the trigger . I.e. a Instant double tap . I have tried to find out about this modification on the internet to no avail .
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
At one time there was a hell fire trigger that did that. I had one for my 10/22 worked very well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Hellfire?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure any modification that lets you fire more than one round per one pull of the trigger is illegal IIRC ... Unless you have the ATF stamp to own that NFA item.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Firing on the pull and release?  Isn't that a reactive trigger like the ones that were used on some shotguns?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pretty sure any modification that lets you fire more than one round per one pull of the trigger is illegal IIRC ... Unless you have the ATF stamp to own that NFA item.

I think that is why I no longer see hellfire triggers. About 15 years ago they were around.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
That's typically called a broken dicsonnector / fire control group.

If for no other reason, avoid it for this reason: You've just pulled the trigger and realized that you don't want to let loose with the second shot. Do you stand there hoping your trigger finger doesn't get tired before you are OK to fire again? Forget the safety - that only works to keep you from pulling the trigger, not releasing it. Or, do you want to drop the mag and clear the chamber with one hand while hoping you don't ease up on the trigger with the other?

It's called a malfunction instead of a "feature" for a reason.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Look Here for Hellfire junk.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that is why I no longer see hellfire triggers. About 15 years ago they were around.

Ya .. I remember those things ... don't see them in the gun mags anymore .. from what I have heard they were junk anyways.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:38:51 AM EDT
[#10]
illegal modification
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top