Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:52:35 PM EDT
I want a rifle length FF for my carbine but cant choose between the light model and Diamond series, they dont list the weight of the latter.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you serious when you posted this question?

Is a few ounces difference between the two really matter? Just take a look at our troops in the Middle East and stop whining !

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Call YH. Compare to the DD Lite.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is a few ounces difference between the two really matter? Just take a look at our troops in the Middle East and stop whining !

The diamonds are noticably heavier than the lightweights.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dude I served in the Army, I'm not in any more and dont want my rifle to be super front heavy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude I served in the Army, I'm not in any more and dont want my rifle to be super front heavy.

Bro, don't take it personally. You don't owe anyone an explanation as to what you want and why.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't listen to dumbass comments.  Of course weight is a concern.  I've got both LW's and Diamond YHM FG.  The daimond series weigh approx 3.5 ounces more than the lightweights do, starting at the carbine length and get exponentially heavier as the lengths increase.  By the time you get to the rifle length, it's a very noticable difference.  I had to make a choice myself and went for the diamond carbine and the lw mid length.  The LW's sure don't have the look of the diamonds, but they are very light.

Order both from Brightflashlights like I did, and Kevin will let you return whichever one you don't go with.  I ended up doing this twice.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the diamond series go by some other name?  There are some YHM forearms listed here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsFnUZMkZNF2DQ&output=html
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top