Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:39:16 AM EDT
Well I sold my AR15 a while back, now I'm wanting to build another. I really liked my last one (Double Star's lightweight kit) And now I want to build something similar, but with more options. I'm looking to do something with a 16" flutted HBAR style barrel. I have a lower almost completely built. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on it, so my choices would be going with a company like, Model 1 Sales, Double Star (again), Stag, DPMS, Bushmaster, and anyone else out there that builds a lower from 300-500 dollars. What have you guys had good luck with?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
delton or cmmg or dpms
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I would stick with DPMS, Stag, or Doublestar, from my personal experience.

Never messed with Bushmaster ( Heard they are GTG), Delton, or Model 1.

And Doublestar is in our homestate!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
From the companies listed, I'd go with Stag any day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
For an HBAR with fluting I'd get a Bushmaster or RRA and send it off to ADCO for the flutes.  Look at PKFirearms.com for complete uppers in stock for $500ish.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just about all those you listed are not GTG, unless you are just talking about the lower or upper without any of their parts installed.   Specifically DPMS and Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The OP is looking at Lowers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just about all those you listed are not GTG, unless you are just talking about the lower or upper without any of their parts installed.   Specifically DPMS and Bushmaster.

I would expect that the are all GTG.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The OP is looking at Lowers.

Uhh what are you talking about?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I sold my AR15 a while back, now I'm wanting to build another. I really liked my last one (Double Star's lightweight kit) And now I want to build something similar, but with more options. I'm looking to do something with a 16" flutted HBAR style barrel. I have a lower almost completely built. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on it, so my choices would be going with a company like, Model 1 Sales, Double Star (again), Stag, DPMS, Bushmaster, and anyone else out there that builds a lower from 300-500 dollars. What have you guys had good luck with?

This
but he probably meant to say upper
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
DoubleStar. They have some nice fluted barrels. This one is a bull, but they do have fluted HBARs.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]
of what you listed as your options I would go with double star, but look at BCM for an upper of better quality while also not spending a ton
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Take a look at Spikes- they make great lowers and uppers...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_65&products_id=305

Very good deal if you know a FFL, and your going to put the LPK in, or get one complete.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top