Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:47:08 PM EDT
I hope there is a wise jedi out there, who can answer a question for me. I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15, which has a detachable rear sight rail (slides off the upper assembly). However, my problem is, this slide off rail has the rear sight molded in, and thus is not detachable. Due to this molded sight, I cannot mount many accessories (such as a carry handle or scope) without risers.

Therefore, does anyone know where I can get a replacement rail, without a molded rear sight? The new models do not have a molded sight, however, when I contacted Bushmaster they informed me that they do not sell the rail separately???? I just cannot believe I have the only rifle which is w/out a replacement part...

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. My rifle has a detachable rail like the one below, however, imagine a molded rear sight where this diagram has none...PLEASE HELP!!!! :).

http://ingunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=188&pictureid=2814
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Well bushmaster makes one for the carbon 15 pistol. Their pistol has a rear ghost ring sight built in to receiver. The rail just slides on to the receiver. Had two wait for three months to receive it. Look on their web site or google it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That sounds like it is just what I need. Do you know if the pistol has the same length as the stock flattop rail? I cannot believe no one makes this, there are alot of rifles out there made w/the same problem, before they gave it a detachable rear sight....

PS: Thanks for the offers...but Im really wanting to keep this all carbon fiber..I really love the low weight of the rifle, just hate the forged rear sight...ha
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the type of rail you are looking for?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top