Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:00:03 PM EDT
I'm still kicking around with some $$$ that I am (probably foolishly) going to spend on ARs.

I've decided to purchase or build a couple of 14.5" carbines (have two 16" already) with a magnified and a non magified optic. I still have around 1K left in my budget. So, I'm thinking an A2 type setup (irons only) for something different. The other option is an AR pistol (no SBRs in my state) with a LMT 10.5" upper. Those pistols look like a lot of fun. My neighbor had one years ago (with a 7" upper) and I liked shooting. That thing was LOUD!! It made me smile every time he fired it....suggestions?

Just looking for some opinions...

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you already have two 16" uppers, get a pistol
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I vote for the A2 setup. Sorry but the AR pistols just aren't my thing, but if you decide to build one I want to see that bad boy. A2's are what I learned to shoot on, so I have an affinity towards them. Nothing like being able to hit black at 500 yards with irons
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not big on pistols either but its the closest thing to a SBR with out being an SBR
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a 16" A2 middy, in 6.8 SPC?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not just go for an A2 upper'd pistol and have both?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top