Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:11:08 AM EDT
I've just odered the last batch of small parts to finish a build, My first.
I realized I didn't order the gas tube roll pin and dont want to pay shipping charges for a .75 piece.
Surely I can pick up a roll pin at a hardware store, I just don't know what size it is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:08:42 AM EDT
[#1]
not sure of the exact size, but i found it useful to pick up a cheap assortment from harbor freight or some other cheap place. i have used it to pin my stock and various other tasks around the shop. paid like 10 bucks and it should last a long time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, that's a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Yesterday I picked up a rollpin for my bolt catch. At the hardware store the lengths were all limited, but the diameters were what I needed.  Just pick up a bunch, match the diameter, and cut to length with a dremel (before you tap it in.)

They were 13 cents each.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
They are 5/64" and not usually found at local hardware stores. Some bolt supply compaies sell pins might look there if you have one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Gas tube roll pins are 5/64" diameter.

No one around here sells a 5/16" long pin, so I get 1" pins and shorten them.

I learned the hard way to install a new roll pin every time the gas tube is removed/reinstalled.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top