Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:07:35 AM EDT
Looking for opinions on the "Best Bang For The Buck" replacement trigger for my new AR build. The parts kit unit supplied leaves something to be desired.
Most are pretty pricey so I would like a little background before laying out the cash.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Obviously, its mission dependent.  Do you want a durable combat trigger, light single stage, precision two stage, etc?  Having said that, you get a lot for your money when you have Bill Springfield tune up your existing FCG.  More in this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=452402
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I run both RRA 2 stage and Chip McCormick drop in 2 stage.  Tough to go wrong with either
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Bill Springfield mod for $35 bucks is the BEST DEAL.

The BEST drop in trigger is AR-Gold.  I have Bill's, Geisselle, and two JP.  The AR-Gold is the best BY FAR.  I have second on order.

The trigger just disappears.  You have to shoot it to believe it.

If you can't afford an AR-Gold, run the Bill mod until you can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Geissele SSA
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA

I personal favorite also...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Geisselle makes a winner. Put it on my HBAR and love it.

Used to do test of triggers when we built hunting rifles to test for saftey. If its under 4 pounds / target rifles dont bother trying test.

In our shop with the rifle unloaded (Do not try this in your house or apartment) we would cock the action and drop onto the buttstock from 12-14 inches off the ground. We would do this adjusting the trigger weight up until the gun would not fire. Usually at around 5 pounds. This was done on a rubber matt.

We only did this at the time because most hunting related accidental discharges were bump firings from guys that forgot to engage there safeties.

Has any one recieved a new wilson combat AR single stage trigger yet? Mine is back ordered.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#7]
My vote for BFTB drop-in goes to RRA 2-stage. I have two and they are great. You can get them many places for $100.

But I understand the Springfield trigger job gets you a sweet trigger for $35 (can't testify yet, as my Colt trigger is at his shop right now, but I'll know soon!).

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top