Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 5:44:43 AM EDT
Not the first and not the last to ask this.  DD 7.0 Omega rail or Larue 7.0 Handguard?  I like the fact i can drop in the DD rails without any smithing!  but are the LT rails more durable/tighter fit/better overall since they require smithing?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#1]
A daniel defense omega rail will leave no gap between your upper reciever and rail, so you can mount optics and things where they meet. The larue has a gap where the barrel nut is. I have a daniel defense, my friend has a larue both are good choices.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
They are the best on the market. I would go DD but thats just because I dont have a LaRue yet. I have heard nothing but great reviews about both. I love my DD Omega.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#3]
YHM is half the price, good quality and tempting because of that but don't like the look near as much as DD, LT or even Samson.  Samson Star C is what is on Stag Model 2T (I have model 2) and it looks sweet.  I just don't hear much about Samson MFG?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Daniel Defense or LaRue Tactical. Six of one, half a dozen of another. (I mean quality wise)

The LT will be backed by a no bullshit lifetime warranty, period. I don't know if DD does the same. Plus LT will give you free shit when you order.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the larue will be just a little bit stronger due to the mounting platform, but DD Omega is still a very durable rail. DD Omega is very light, very narrow compared to most other rail systems and is easy to mount. If you want a one piece continuous top rail, you need to go with the DD Omega or DD LITE. If you don't care about that, I would go with the Larue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
The DD Lite is very hard to beat.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top