Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:49:28 AM EDT
Hey arf. I'm looking to get my first AR. I wanted to get a complete lower since I lack the tools to build it myself. I've been shopping around for months and have learned tons from you all, so thank you for that. Anyway, I need my complete lower, I'm most likely going to mate it with a BCM upper with quad rails so I want something that is known to fit/match perfectly with that.

So far this is what I've found.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=124 (whats the diff between the m4 stock and sopmod stock? worth the extra cash?)

and spikes
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_114&products_id=86

I've been saving up for 5 months now and can only afford a lower half and I want to do it perfectly the first time (i'm a poor college student)
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Check this out...a good deal. I've bought from them before,  reputable folks (they are local to me)
http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1065
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Complete Sabre Defense Lower $265.00

http://www.pkfirearms.com/content/1/20/108/6?page=2

[/thread]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Robbie is a good guy.

Lonestarwholesale.com

AR 15 LOWER COMPLETE WITH A2 OR M4 STOCK

Armalite with A2 Stock..........................................$275.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock................................$275.00
These are the new non Eagle
ARMALITE IN STOCK

Bushmaster with A2 Stock.................................................... $295.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock................................$295.00
BUSHMASTER IN STOCK

CMMG with A2 stock........................................................$265.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock................................$265.00
CMMG IN STOCK

DPMS with A2 stock............................................... $225.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock.................................$225.00
DPMS IN STOCK

Rock River Arms with A2 stock........................................$235.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock..................................$235.00
ROCK RIVER IN STOCK

Double Star with A2 stock.............................................$225.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock..................................$225.00
DOUBLE STAR IN STOCK

Stag Arms with A2 stock...............................................$245.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock..................................$245.00
STAG ARMS IN STOCK

High Standard with A2 stock............................................$
with M4 6 position collapsible stock..................................$
HIGH STANDARD OUT OF STOCK

Yankee Hill Machine with stock............................................$245.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock..................................$245.00
YANKEE HILL MACHINE IN STOCK

Smith & Wesson with A2 stock............................................$275.00
with M4 6 position collapsible stock..................................$275.00
SMITH & WESSON IN STOCK
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Does anyone have any experience with these?
I love DD products, have the Omega and Lite rails and they are great quality.

If anyone has one of these Daniel Defense lowers and would chime in that would be awesome. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#6]
If your going BCM why not go all BCM...

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Lower-Receiver-Groups-M4-AR15-s/117.htm
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#7]

+1
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Your in Texas I assume. Give Lonestar a look at a gunshow maybe. The money you would save in shipping and FFL transfer fees could buy you a few mags and ammo.
(not sure of TX laws) DoubleStar lower with a stock for $225.

If you have a tight budget first AR, a lower is a lower pretty much (uppers too for that matter). Throw a Hogue grip on it and you will be very happy. (stock grip is fine, too)

You could piece together a good AR for under $700 if you try. (+ optics if you want) Prices seem to be coming down.

I did and could not be happier. Some friends bought during the insanity and paid over $1100 for the same quality AR that I have $650 into.

Good luck, live and learn. This site is GREAT for info, buying and selling!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1

+2

or

Quoted:
Complete Sabre Defense Lower $265.00

http://www.pkfirearms.com/content/1/20/108/6?page=2

[/thread]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#10]
The wise decision would be a complete BCM lower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Does anyone have any experience with these?
I love DD products, have the Omega and Lite rails and they are great quality.

If anyone has one of these Daniel Defense lowers and would chime in that would be awesome. Thanks!

i got one of these lowers from aim,, it is just what i expected from DD,,,, first class.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1

+2

Stay away from LMT. Their quality is garbage now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#13]
My first choice would be a BCM lower based on your build. Other than that, there are a TON of options out there. Just make sure it comes with a milspec tube so that you'll have many more

stock options down the road.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't mean to hijack here but do you guys on here think a BCM complete gun is on par w/ Noveske, LMT, Colt?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

Bullshit.

+1
I just picked up an LMT upper and lower and I beg to differ. The quality on them is great!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey arf. I'm looking to get my first AR. I wanted to get a complete lower since I lack the tools to build it myself. I've been shopping around for months and have learned tons from you all, so thank you for that. Anyway, I need my complete lower, I'm most likely going to mate it with a BCM upper with quad rails so I want something that is known to fit/match perfectly with that.

So far this is what I've found.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=124 (whats the diff between the m4 stock and sopmod stock? worth the extra cash?)

and spikes
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_114&products_id=86

I've been saving up for 5 months now and can only afford a lower half and I want to do it perfectly the first time (i'm a poor college student)

FIrst I'd go with Spikes. Second, you dont need many tools to build a lower. You need a hammer, pin punches, and a stock wrench.  

It would be preferable to have roll pin punches, but you dont need them (sears has a set for $20 if you want them). You can find a set of pin punches at Lowes for around $12 (Dasco brand). Then get a light small hammer for a few bucks. When you order from Spikes get their Car wrench for $5 or however much it is.

Rather than take an assembled Spikes lower for $279.95, you can get a Spikes Stripped lower for $89.95, lower parts for $49.95 and the M4 stock would be $90. Add in shipping you are looking at maybe $239. Even after you spend say $20 on tools you still save $20 over getting it fully assembled and that takes care of your FFL fee. Plus you have the tools to build more and you can save $ each time you build. Thats just my .02c.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't mean to hijack here but do you guys on here think a BCM complete gun is on par w/ Noveske, LMT, Colt?

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

agreed
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

Bullshit.

Agreed.  The SOPMOD lower with the 2-stage trigger is still the best value on the market.  

Spike's is a good value as well.  Mil spec tube and proprietary buffer, and the best finish in the industry.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

agreed

Most definitely!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

Bullshit.

Agreed.  The SOPMOD lower with the 2-stage trigger is still the best value on the market.  

Spike's is a good value as well.  Mil spec tube and proprietary buffer, and the best finish in the industry.  Good stuff.

I'd stick with the single stage but that's just me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top