Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:11:25 PM EDT
I have a couple LMT M16 BCG's. But all my spare FP's are small collar AR15 Versions. is it safe to use a AR15 FP in an M16 Carrier? Any difference in the FP retaining pin placement on the two versions?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Any difference in the FP retaining pin placement on the two versions?

No sir.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#3]
An AR15 firing pin in a M16 BCG will bend/batter your cotter pin (firing pin retaining pin)... been there, done that, learned the hard way...

Anyway, it will go bang

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody have a picture of the two different pins?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't know there was a difference
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
An AR15 firing pin in a M16 BCG will bend/batter your cotter pin (firing pin retaining pin)... been there, done that, learned the hard way...

I think you have that backwards.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  http://www.zediker.com/books/ar15/images/AR1522.pdf

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  http://www.zediker.com/books/ar15/images/AR1522.pdf

That link don't work for me but i believe the M16 firing pins collar is a bit bigger and can be used in a AR15 shrouded carrier not a open one.

Fixed the link above....good info on that.
http//www.zediker.com/books/ar15/images/AR1522.pdf

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I have to disagree with TACDOC..cotter pins get bent when you use a large collar pin in a carrier that has the underneath ramp of the pin tract machined away like the carriers used before the fully closed bottoms started coming out.At the time it was referred to as an enhanced carrier.

That was the first enhancement before M16 carriers were being used although the only differenced with the shrouded firing pin tracts on either an M16 or later enahnced carrier is.....zero.I bought RRA enhanced carriers at the time that had small collar pins with the shrouded bottom...that was the whole thing as making the carrier that way it was identical now in that area like the M16 carrier.Both pins can be used in any full shrouded carrier.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top