Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:20:31 PM EDT
Does Armalite still make this rifle? I had one a few years back but never shot it before I sold it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
try  the AR10 Forum .And I do Believe Armalite has quit making them but ask the question there !
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that Armalite has discontinued production of complete rifles although they still offer parts and some accessories.  

I had one for about 1 year. I thought it would be an economical alternative to an AR.  It wasn't.  It's an ok light use .223 carbine that takes AR mags but in that category I'd recommend a Kel Tec SU-16.
The 180b was in a nutshell:
+ : light and handy, reasonably accurate (2 moa 5 round groups at 100 m) uses standard mags.  
- : seemed very fragile when compared to an AR, weak points are the front lug of the polymer lower and the optics mount.  Also had the lug on the recoil spring plate broke off after less than 200 rounds (Armalite sent a new one at no charge). The barrel is not chrome lined.  Not as much aftermarket as for the AR.  When firing left handed it will frequently throw brass into your right eye/cheek area.  

Sold it and used the money to start my AR family, never looked back  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
This is AR-15 discussions, if you want to talk about the 180B then head down to that forum.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top