Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:41:47 AM EDT
I'm looking at possibly building an AR in the near future and I've been looking at Spike's Tactical Lowers that are on sale right now. I have a question about their lower's though. What's the difference b/w the "ST-15 stripped rifle lower Semi/Safe" and the "SL-15 stripped rifle lower with safe/semi/auto bullet markings"? Is there an advantage to one or the other and what are the actual differences?d
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I just replied to this question in your DPMS Sportical thread.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Spike's SL-15's
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#3]
no difference. one has paint fill. go to industry spikes tac forum and look for paint fill tacked thread for more info.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
no difference. one has paint fill. go to industry spikes tac forum and look for paint fill tacked thread for more info.

Not necessarily. The color fill is an option for both receivers. The difference is in the selector markings.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Just picked these up from my FFL dealer yesterday....
These are a work of art... st-15 with bullet pictoram markings...

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These are a work of art... st-15 with bullet pictoram markings...

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/wpeschel/guns/spikeslowers.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/wpeschel/guns/spikesbolt.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
i asked this same question once before, awhile back,,,, best i remember the difference is different manufacturers... i have some[of one or another],,,they are really nice
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i asked this same question once before, awhile back,,,, best i remember the difference is different manufacturers... i have some[of one or another],,,they are really nice

I think you're memory needs to be refreshed

It is simply the selector markings. Bullet diagram is an HK thing that they implemented because it's different(I like it!) and safe/semi is industry standard.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
These are a work of art... st-15  with bullet pictoram markings...

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/wpeschel/guns/spikeslowers.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/wpeschel/guns/spikesbolt.jpg

Those are SL-15's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're memory needs to be refreshed

It is simply the selector markings. Bullet diagram is an HK thing that they implemented because it's different(I like it!) and safe/semi is industry standard.

i just went to spike's forum "information and faqs",,, it said SL-15=spike's lower,,,,SR-15= spikes tactical–––– don't make a shit who makes them,,,they are nice  i ALMOST] can't beleive someone gave me some bogus-ass information,, on the 'net
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top