Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:12:10 PM EDT
-So I’m thinking I want to build/buy an AR and wanted to know what you guys think would be a good investment for about $1400-$1500. I don’t need to spend all of this but I do have what I feel is a decent amount of ammo and mags on hand. Something that will hold value well would be cool. This will be my only AR when it is all said and done so I need dependability more so than ranged accuracy but of course it would be nice to have both.  

-Needs: I am a target shooter and the gun club I belong to has a max range of 200mtrs but I am just as interested in high speed plinking and running my .22 conversion on the 25mtr range. I prefer my shotgun for home defense but my wife prefers the AR for home defense so this could potentially be a home defense weapon.

-Preferences: I am partial to mid-length gas systems and 16” barrels that are somewhat accurate out to 200mtrs but I am open to other setups. Optics are not a must but I may put a 1-4X scope on this build. FF HG would be nice but not a must.  

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt 6920 for a carbine type
BCM 16" middy for a midlength or a BCM M4 (carbine)
Both can be had for around $1200
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Colt 6920 for a carbine type
BCM 16" middy for a midlength or a BCM M4 (carbine)
Both can be had for around $1200

If I go with the BCM is it worth paying the extra $ for the BHF?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know a whole lot about CFH barrels, they are supposed to be more durable. I think the cost would be an extra $135. I'm happy with my regular BCM middy
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont think you can go wrong with the BCM 16" middie. I love mine, although my LMT is still my baby.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I got to shoot a DDM4 and I was VERY impressed with it..it actually seemed lighter than my Knights E3 and that rifle to me was really light..If you searched a back a few pages, you will find similar threads and you'll see BCM, Colt 6920, Sabre Defense, LMT, and a few others we suggested as great buys also.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top