Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 10:33:00 AM EDT
Hey guys i just mated my POF lower to my Vltor new gen MUR upper and my god are the take down pins in tight, i can't break down the rifle by hand im forced to push something into the pins to push them half way out, and only then can I take them out by hand. So my question is after i shoot several hundred rounds, the pins should loosen up by them selves correct, and there's no point in doing anything to the rifle now to make it easier to break it down right? thank you.

-Dep
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
just shoot it. I would not do anything else.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I just went through this myslef.  Mine eventually loosened up and I only have 6 shots through it.  Most of it was from "playing" with it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=459443
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Consider yourself lucky, lots of folks have sloppy upper to lower fit (not that there's anything wrong with it).
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
DPMS makes a nice cheap plastic punch to get the pins out for disassembly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Tyler I just read your post, kinda similar problem only mine fits real well just very tight, and the general consensus here would seem to leave it alone, play/ shoot it
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DPMS makes a nice cheap plastic punch to get the pins out for disassembly.

yea but i don't feel like stopping in a middle of a drill and using the punch to get the pins out if i have a malfunction to see whats wrong , I want to be able to break down the rifle quick and easy that's y i was worried about the pins
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I was in the same boat with 2 of my Noveske VIS uppers. it does indeed loosen up after getting more rounds downrange..hopefully you will have the same outcome.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top