Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:22:51 AM EDT
I want to attach a light to my Stag Model 2 and didn't want to spend the money on a full rail system. (just want to keep my standard M4 handguards)  I didn't know these existed but YHM has a front sight accesory mount and also a triple rail mount that attaches to the barrel.  Does anyone have any experience using these?  or do i just bite the bullet and buy a DD 7.0 Omega rail?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]
There are tons of options for you buddy. I would personally suggest checking out the Magpul MOE handguards..they allow attaching a light to your carbine and run about $30...solid as hell too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably just get an Omega Rail. If not then get an Elzetta Mount.
You can also get a piece of picatinny rail from MI and put your own rail section on standard handguards.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I want to attach a light to my Stag Model 2 and didn't want to spend the money on a full rail system. (just want to keep my standard M4 handguards)  I didn't know these existed but YHM has a front sight accesory mount and also a triple rail mount that attaches to the barrel.  Does anyone have any experience using these?  or do i just bite the bullet and buy a DD 7.0 Omega rail?

See below method; operator uses advanced technology to attach a flashlight

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:11:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Elzetta!  Perfect!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If not then get an Elzetta Mount.

Any Idea what size flashlight it'll accept? Good looking set up.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
$10 - A short piece of RAIL

$60 - VTAC mount + Surefire G2 package

DONE!  

ETA:  Another good option/combo for around the same price as the above is the Midwest Industries (MI) FSB rail light mount (model MCTAR-01) for $30.  Add a Surefire G2 and you're right back at the $70 mark.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a mount that you can screw to any handguard since it has cut outs for the ribs, looks very nice. Used an old G2 and went even cheaper and bought a weaver 1" scope ring. Around the $50 for everything.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Coleman MAX flashlight - $15
Midwest Industries Tactical Light Mount - $30 Bravo Company USA
Old 1" scope ring - Laying around, free, no longer taking up space.

The flashlight would spin/fall from the scope ring because of it being just exactly or a shade under 1" in diameter.  The ring could be exactly or a shade bigger than 1" too I suppose.  The fix was to cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the light.  Paper was used in lieu of black electrical tape for convenience.  Black tape will be substituted in the future but for $45 you get a perfectly good 115 lumen tactical flashlight mounted on your weapon.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I can vouch for the Safariland handguard mount. Simple to install and no mods to do. Installs at the front end of the guards.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Coleman MAX flashlight - $15
Midwest Industries Tactical Light Mount - $30 Bravo Company USA
Old 1" scope ring - Laying around, free, no longer taking up space.
The flashlight would spin/fall from the scope ring because of it being just exactly or a shade under 1" in diameter.  The ring could be exactly or a shade bigger than 1" too I suppose.  The fix was to cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the light.  Paper was used in lieu of black electrical tape for convenience.  Black tape will be substituted in the future but for $45 you get a perfectly good 115 lumen tactical flashlight mounted on your weapon.
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff345/martinguitarist/IMG_4277a.jpg
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff345/martinguitarist/IMG_4276a.jpg
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff345/martinguitarist/IMG_4281a.jpg

Boilermaker84, I thought I'd respond to you in this thread instead of IM since I have no first-hand experience with the MI mount.  In addition to capo2ndfret, this thread lists some options:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=442450 looks like the MCTAR-01 gets some good reviews from 87GN & Alpha-Romeo3, too.

I might have to try the MI fsb mount on my next build.  Good luck.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top