Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:53:31 PM EDT
This looks intriguing, so I tried to learn a bit about it. [WOA here - look under AR15 barrels, third down.] The wikipedia article here helped. It says "The front sight block is installed with 4 set screws instead of two taper pins." Why? Is this more secure? Has anyone built a copy of this using the WOA barrel? I'm very interested. I've been wanting an A4 variant and this has really caught my eye.

GL
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, it is well made and very accurate.  I had Springer Precision IonBond it and I used the barrel as the foundation of my DMR build.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, so far. I'm attracted to the idea of having a DMR clone. It'd be more costly than a plain 20" A4, which is my other choice. But I may go at it piece by piece and that way get what I want, rather than what I'd think of as a second choice.

I take it this rifle is heavier than a standard A4. Is it comparable to an HBAR?

GL
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You might also consider a Douglas barrel, that's the brand the Army uses on its SDM-Rs. I used one supplied and fluted by Compass Lake Engineering on mine. About the same price. Definitely heavier than an A4. It's a full 1" diameter behind the FSB, though the fluting reduces weight by about a pound. The unfluted Krieger match barrel on my SAM-R makes it feel like it weighs a ton.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
That would be pretty much the same barrel, since WOA barrels are Wilson barrels, machined by Compass Lake.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top