Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2009 3:51:11 PM EDT
Sent a Predator back under warranty two weeks ago to have barrel, chamber, etc checked.  Turns out to be problem with scope or mounts.  I did not mention in my letter to Bushmaster the usual gritty feeling original two stage trigger that so many people complain about.  When they called to tell me the rifle checked out okay (they fired 5 groups and returned the targets), they told me they had installed one of their new two stage triggers.

Got the rifle back Monday and the new trigger is a huge improvement over the old style.  The new trigger does not have the spring plunger arrangement.  Not sure if they designed it or are copying someone else's trigger but I recently installed a RRA two stage trigger for a friend of mine and the NEW Bushmaster is smoother and lower second stage pull weight than the RRA.

Can't be the judge on one trigger but this one sure looks like a winner, over the old model.  No idea what they will be selling them for.  Assume all Varminters and Predators going forward will have the new trigger installed????
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds promising.  May have to give one a try.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Think you will be very pleased with it.

When Bushmaster told me they had changed it out, I was skeptical and figured I would end up replacing it.

Won't be doing that.......

I am curious though about whether they designed it or copied another manufacturers.  At some point, I would think someone a lot more knowledgable than I am will have detailed comments about it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Any pics of the parts?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
No, sorry, installed in the rifle by Bushmaster and no plans to remove them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Try this and it will make most of us happy.

Remove upper from lower... take photo of FCG with hammer forward and one with hammer back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try this and it will make most of us happy.

Remove upper from lower... take photo of FCG with hammer forward and one with hammer back.

This  ^^^.  OST for pics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top