Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 12:22:12 PM EDT
Like the title states, judging by cost i'm a bit worried, but is there any reason that the spikes is not as good as a sabre lower?  For the price of $89 I'm interested in getting a few and so are the people I work with.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Spikes is top of the line.......
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Spikes is top of the line.......

+1
I think so. CS rivals most as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
A Spikes lower is every bit as good as a Sabre (I own a few of both)
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had both and in my opinion they are equal in quality. They both have very nice finishes.
Spikes

Sabre

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]
This is easy...there is no comparison.....why even ask....the _________________ is the best one........Couldn't resist.....buy either and sleep well weedsmoker.....errrrr grasshopper....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Some folks were reporting that they had to sand down their Pmags to drop free from their Spikes lowers. You might check for the thread. It was just a few days ago.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some folks were reporting that they had to sand down their Pmags to drop free from their Spikes lowers. You might check for the thread. It was just a few days ago.

I bought 4 lowers from Spikes in late July. No problems with any of themwhen using Pmags.. Not saying it isnt possible, just that I dont have that problem.

As far as answering the question for the op, I think that Spikes makes a phenomenal product. No experience with Sabre personally, but I surely wouldn't say that they are not very well respected and high quality. For me though, Spikes has a terrific product and terrific customer service which makes them an all around winner.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some pmags were ran slightly oversized. We never had an issue with USGI mags dropping free and if the magwell is to tight Ill replace it.

Customer service is quick and good, obviously, lol. I have never owned either, but the Spike's looks a lot cooler

At $89, what are you waiting for?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never personally handled a Sabre but I picked up a couple of Spikes lowers about 3 weeks ago and the finish is flawless. I assembled one of them already and it went together perfectly. Buy Spikes lowers with confidence
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some pmags were ran slightly oversized. We never had an issue with USGI mags dropping free and if the magwell is to tight Ill replace it.

Cant beat that CS with a stick!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
well, that makes 1-2 for me on payday, and the gunny at work wants to know if it has the milspec shelf?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#16]
well, looks like you guys are getting some more income this month ;) see ya payday
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will be taking you up on the offer.
I was on that thread... I have two SL15 lowers, one built, one stripped; both recently purchased with consecutive serial #'s. All my pmags must be forced in and yanked out.
IM and email inbound...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]

You reckon you can show an overall pic of that top Spikes with rail and insignia?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I still believe a lower is a lower, but the Spike's really are the nicest finished lowers I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered a Spike's yesterday, was shipped today...off to a good start!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#21]
jusy .02 worth––- i got a stripped noveske lower from rainier,, then got  TWO spikes stripped for less than i paid for one noveske––- the spikes looks as good as the other. that is one bad-ass spider [painted] on the receiver,, everybody that sees it says" i've got to get one". i have put one together using a bill springfield LPK,, this is one more fine lower. the only way to do it justice,,, is to get one of the beautiful spike's uppers,, with the spiders on the receiver, bcg, and the sights. they use a D.D. hfb,, how can i go wrong???? YMMV
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes I love my Spikes lower. I also bought one of their stripped uppers for my current build. If I hadn't just bought a Mega billet lower yesterday, I would be buying a few more Spike's lowers. I am now (based on that epic of a Spike's thread) a Spike's Tactical fan for life. Great company/parts/CS.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top