Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:36:42 AM EDT
Tango Down Stubby, one side is flat (with TGD web addy near bottom) while the oposite side has a small flair on the bottom.  

I am a right hand shooter grasping the VFG with my support hand.  Which side of the TGD stubby should contact my left palm, the flat or the flair?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I used the flair side (Right Handed Shooter). Thought of it as a palm swell.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is set up to flare out on my reaction hand side. The way I use it though I doubt it would make a difference.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, I thought the TGD stubby was popular.  From the response, not many must use one (or care on which way to install).
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't grip the VFG so much as use it as a reference point for a more conventional grip.  I grip the handguard forward of the grip and pull back into it.  I like the uniformity and it it at least feels like it gives me more positive control and makes it easier to really pull the gun back into my shoulder without having to overgrip the handguard.  Some people grip behind and push into it.  Some grab the grip itself, but personally (and just personally), that isn't as stable for me.

Thus for my application (or if you think you might, in some circumstances use a more conventional grip), the priority is mounting the TD VFG so that the throw lever doesn't dig into you when you take a conventional grip and snug your hand up against the VFG.  Thus for me, my TD is mounted with the throw lever on the strong hand side, opposite the hand that is gripping the handguard.

Not your question exactly, but that's my .02.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't grip the VFG so much as use it as a reference point for a more conventional grip.  I grip the handguard forward of the grip and pull back into it.  I like the uniformity and it it at least feels like it gives me more positive control and makes it easier to really pull the gun back into my shoulder without having to overgrip the handguard.  Some people grip behind and push into it.  Some grab the grip itself, but personally (and just personally), that isn't as stable for me.

Thus for my application (or if you think you might, in some circumstances use a more conventional grip), the priority is mounting the TD VFG so that the throw lever doesn't dig into you when you take a conventional grip and snug your hand up against the VFG.  Thus for me, my TD is mounted with the throw lever on the strong hand side, opposite the hand that is gripping the handguard.

Not your question exactly, but that's my .02.

Same way I use it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top