Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2009 8:26:01 PM EDT
I know its meant for SBRs but what do you guys think of a KX3 on a 13 inch barrel pinned on with a Larue 13.2in handgaurd. I think it might look pretty slick, but I just cant quite put it together in my mind. It might look cool, but on the other hand it could look like hell. Anyone have a pic of a similar setup. TIA

Jarrad
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
This one had an 11.0 handguard and a 13.7 barrel.  I was a big supporter of this configuration for a while, but have since decided that there are better, more practical options out there.  

You get blast redirection and a bit of recoil/flip management due to the weight... but it's heavy and you lose a bunch of barrel length for what is still a 16" gun.  

Sure looks cool though.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I was skeptical about the weight (around 7 oz it is a heavy bastard), but I really like how it handles on my 10.5".  I think when you are all the way up to 13" you are really just adding a bunch of weight and not getting as much benefit.  It really shines in a 10" gun though and you don't notice the weight as much.  It is great because you really feel no concussion from the sides like you do with a regular flash hider or comp.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Here is the KX3 with 13.7 " NOVESKE barrel and LaRue 13.2, did this back in March 2006...

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6707/zombiear.jpg

I love that setup.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top