Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2009 8:13:05 PM EDT
So I have done quite a bit of searching for reviews and comparisons regarding these two kits. Both of these kit seem to be well built and have read good reviews on the Adams Arms but not too many on the CMMG. With the group buy on the Adams Arms and the inclusion of a carrier with the CMMG kit, I am now back on the fence trying to decide. I am an occassional shooter and have 3 AR's - 2 carbines and 1 std 20" rifle. I would like to convert one of the carbines. Does anyone here experieince with the CMMG retrofit kit or Adams Arms kit that can help me decide on which one? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone with a CMMG kit? No one?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Cmmg is half the money and comes with the bolt carrier group. Adams arms no bolt carrier group twice the money.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cmmg is half the money and comes with the bolt carrier group. Adams arms no bolt carrier group twice the money.

No, actually the AA is cheaper now. The advantage the CMMG has is that it includes a carrier not just the key.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, actually the AA is cheaper now. The advantage the CMMG has is that it includes a carrier not just the key.

20$ cheaper right now for aa but 20$ wont buy you a carrier, so technically cmmg is still alot cheaper.

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]
good info.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]
holy cow....
I havn't logged in here forever, mainly b.c I get tired of folks armchair commander folks who think they know everything...
but those comments above made by CMMG and Adams Arms company really showed true professionalism.....that was awesome you guys
definate +1....you guys are the reason why the gun industry is so awesome....not those arm chair elitist.

I like both companies, keep up the good work
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I got nothing to offer between the two companies but why would the guys at CMMG have ever thought that a aluminum gas block would do anything but have problems???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top