Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2009 5:36:34 AM EDT
well i got it. dpms sportical. in ten shots six went into 1 hole and the entire group was 2". it was that big cause of me. "borrowed" my sons 2-7x33 leupold from his hunting rifle. good scope.  want to get the weaver 1-3x20mm. $159.  they dont make the k2.5 any more. only put 50rnds through it. want to get the 20" a2 upper just for looks.  but for now i like the way it looks and shoots. nice to finally have an ar-15. any input will be awsome. of the 5 people i asked about the forward assit all 5 say they have never used it. brass lands at 4:30  7 feet from from me. nice weapon.
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Pics or it didnt happen
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one that i use as a "light varmint" rifle.   I have a ton of coyotes around my property and they are always stirring up my dogs at night and messing with the  dogs and trying to make prey out of the neighbor's calves.   Its also a pretty neat walking-around rifle due to its light weight
  The Sportical is an awesome rifle to have handy.  I bought mine on a whim long before i discovered this message board because i thought the slick sided upper and light barrel was pretty cool.    Mine wears a Leupold Rifleman scope (3-9x40)- which is one of their least expensive scopes –– but given the fact that i am often shooting at dusk –– i like the light gathering ability of the 40mm bell

Just take care of it and keep it clean –– mine does not have a chrome lined bore, so it has to be scrubbed every other time i shoot it .   I also dont subject it to rapid fire magazine dumps or anything like that either.  I wouldnt hesitate to use it for home defense either if it was all i had ––- but i wouldnt take it to a "carbine course" without a couple of upgrades either –– but then again - it wasnt really made for that kind of abuse,  it almost seems tailor made for the way i use it

I do use a vertical fore grip for offhand shooting (i just used a cheap rail strip attached to the bottom of the stock handguards) but i haven't really felt the need to add or subtract anything to this rifle== maybe a set of Troy iron sights for the day i get tired of lugging around the 3x9 Leupold but thats it

my pic posted in case this turns into a DPMS Sportical love thread

Link Posted: 8/28/2009 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on a great rifle. Thats right I said great. I love my DPMS. Mine has been great to me and It'll be sticking around for a long time. I always thought there was something cool aboot the slick sides. Oh and uh pics or fail
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Congrats on a great rifle. Thats right I said great. I love my DPMS. Mine has been great to me and It'll be sticking around for a long time. I always thought there was something cool aboot the slick sides. Oh and uh pics or fail

I don't have the slick side but I am very pleased with my DPMS. Wouldn't hesitate to use it for anything.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/cheriluvsgrr/P1040324.jpg

here it is. stil want the weaver 1-3x20. i just think it will just make the rifle more useable. still looking at the 20" upper.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top