Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2009 12:39:16 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good folding front sight for mounting on a forearm rail? I cant stand the way the fixed front sight obscures my scope and I plan to chop it down. Appreciate any expereince on that as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Troy
Here
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm very happy with my Troy folders-both front and rear:

The Troy sights are simple, well designed, and built to last.

Good luck with your search
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Troy here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Be careful.

Unless you are 100% sure that your aftermarket forearm is 100% true relative to the rear sight, you may be in for a disappointment when you try to zero your iron sights using a rail-mounted front sight.

One degree misalignment of the front rail relative to the rear sight will cost you ELEVEN MINUTES OF ANGLE windage.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The Magul is nice as well, I'd recommend it, very inexpensive ($35 for front), nice quality, and push button pop up.

Here's a Link

TD
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been happy with both my Midwest Industries flip ups and the price is right.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Magpul MBUS. Cheap and works just as good. FRONT MBUS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top