Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2009 1:51:05 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a fixed rear sight for an lmt built I'm finishing up. I have a few midwest, promag, and yhm flip rear sights and don't like any of them. They have to much play and don't seem solid. So here is what I have so far, the lmt and larue fixed rear, which I'm not to sure about the knobs and screws sticking out, and the daniel defense which I'm leaning towards. I just wanted some opinions of what you guys use, how you like them, and what you think. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I considered those as well when I was thinking about a fixed rear sight.

I was leaning more tword the LarRue fixed unit as I really didn't need the added range adjustment the LMT offers.  I liked the design of teh LaRue as well.  The DD wasn't around when i was looking for one, so i can't comment on that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't used either of them, but have been looking at the Larue and DD for my next build.. Personally, I'm probably going with the Larue, simply because the DD has that cut out area. It's not a big deal, but I'm planning on a mono-rail forearm like the CASV, so the cut out of the DD wouldn't look right... Plus Larue is located just south of where I live.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
LaRue for me.  I know that QD isn't a big issue but solid contruction/light weight/holds zero even after removing and reattaching are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
ive got a bunch of Larues and a Daniel Defense A1.5 rear sight, they are both good but I prefer the Larues.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the LMT and I like it. Very solid. It's an A2 without the handle, of course. I like the looks of the DD A1.5 as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the looks of the LMT A2 sight also. I wanted one for my mid-length but didnt have the cash so I cut one of my carry handles down and made my own with help of the thread on this site. It was  pretty easy and it turned out really well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an LMT and A2 carry handle, I like them both but seem to gravitate to the carry handle more. I like that it's held on in two places.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
LMT.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for the LMT. The DD looks like a good sight as well if you want something lighter and smaller than the LMT.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the LMT on a midlength.

Very solid and full adjustment. Only problem is it may be a bit long for some Eotech risers. Isn't a problem for co-witnessing and probably works fine with Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This

What sight is this? Im leaning towards the DD. Im just thinking simple is better thats what im going for on this build. If SHTF i can grab it, it works, simplicity is better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This

What sight is this? Im leaning towards the DD. Im just thinking simple is better thats what im going for on this build. If SHTF i can grab it, it works, simplicity is better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 2 LMTs and 1 LaRue w/A2 ap.  The LMTs are both on LMT uppers and are the primary sighting system on these uppers.  The LaRue is a BUIS behind a T-1.  Its really about aesthetics and personal preference between the two IMHO.  They are the standard that all other fixed BUIS are measured against.

I like the way the LMT looks on the LMT uppers, and since they are the only sights QD was not a feature that was important to me.  I like the lower profile (not height, but smaller over all) of the LaRue in the BUIS role.  I don't notice it unless I look for it in the lower 1/3.

I have no experince with the Troy or DD fixed rear sights.  I have owned 2 Troy folding rear BUIS and prefer them over anyother folding BUIS.

The LaRue is $30 cheaper than the LMT, unless you find a used LMT on the EE.  I have seen them for as low as $75 there.  Watch out for Airsoft and UTG clones of both sights.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok I made my choice. I went with the DD. It seemed like it had the best of both worlds and a great price and .01 shipping off AIM so I went with it. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Anyone with the DD fixed rear sight chime in and let me know how you like it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#16]
On my middy, I have the Daniel Defense A1 fixed rear sight!

Pretty solid.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a DD A1.5, no issues, and it has a good finish.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a DD A1.5, no issues, and it has a good finish.

Good to hear I just want something simple, reliable, to the point, and good quality. I think I made a good choice. I think it will do everything I need it to do... Function!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top