Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:54:06 PM EDT
If I get a 14.5" barrel with a pinned FH will I every be able to change out my CAR handgaurds?  If so what with?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. What are you looking to do? Add a railed foreend? Do you have a standard front sight base? You have plenty of options to change the handguards. I'd recommend a Daniel Defense Omega. It's easy to install with no special tools, free-floating, and rock solid.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You could go with Magpul's MOE handguards for $30 or a full rail system for a couple hundred.  Why do you want a railed handguard?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I get a 14.5" barrel with a pinned FH will I every be able to change out my CAR handgaurds?  If so what with?

Do you have a FSB?  There are a few rails you could install, DD Omega being one.  But there are quite a few that you could not.  KAC, Larue, DD Lite etc...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I would go with the Daniel Defence Omega. I have one and love it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#5]
i was going to pin a sabre extended flash hider to mine, will the
fsb still come off after i pin it. also on my colt barrel, , the handguard cap
rotates around, is that bad????
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:56:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I will have a FSB.  Why do I want a railed handgaurd, I don't at this time, I am just looking at the future with a pinned barrel.  Thanks for the help keep it coming.  Pictures would be great.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top