Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2009 4:29:09 PM EDT
I have CMMG on order, but may be canceling. It's been on order for over 3 months now and it has not gone to production yet.  With the options available in shops and the larger stores starting to grow, I am considering going that route.  I have come across what appears to be a good deal on an M&P-15 outfitted with the following Magpul items: BUIS, CTR stock, handguards, and 2 mags.  The two things that concern me are proper gas key staking and lack of an H buffer. Thanks for any advice.

TJ
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
My MP has a properly staked gas key. I honestly couldn't tell you what buffer is in my gun, but it runs like a champ. I've been very pleased with the MP. I've put almost 1K thru it so far without an issue, much of it steel cased Brown Bear. Seems like those on here who have MPs love them. You'll likely soon be deluged with opinions on why you should get this brand or that. They're are many good brands out there, I can't say yea or nay to the others, but I'd recommend the SW to anyone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything G8 just said.  I love my M&P  I have the tactical model, but I'm sure you'll dig the Magpulled version just fine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The M&P comes with a stock buffer not the "H" buffer and my 02/09 M&P15x did NOT have a properly staked key, but it is cheap to have it re-staked so I would not worry about that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
i've been happy with mine. I bought the tactical version and so far no issues whatsoever.pretty good gun for me
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have CMMG on order, but may be canceling. It's been on order for over 3 months now and it has not gone to production yet.  With the options available in shops and the larger stores starting to grow, I am considering going that route.  I have come across what appears to be a good deal on an M&P-15 outfitted with the following Magpul items: BUIS, CTR stock, handguards, and 2 mags.  The two things that concern me are proper gas key staking and lack of an H buffer. Thanks for any advice.

TJ

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]
ive been asked alot about my M&P15T.  it has +2,000 rounds thru it.  steel and brass cased ammo.  no complaints or problems.  i would buy one if i was you.

i really liked the troy industries BUIS and floating rail.  its totally badass.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Love my M&P 15.  Gas Key is properly staked.  I added an H2 buffer, and runs great!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Just got my M&P 15A.  I haven't even shot it yet.  It is killing me.  The only two things I have a problem with is my gas key is barely staked and I don't like the rear BUIS (Troy made I believe).  I can fix both of these myself so I don't consider them a problem.  I have shot other peoples M&P 15s and loved them.  Go for it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I like my M&P 15 Magpul.  Few hundred rounds of this and that through it without problems.

Very nice KISS weapon.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Just Shot mine this weekend for the first time and I had no issues.  Here's a pic of the Bolt. I don't think they come with the H-Buffer.

If your looking for a good prices, I can recommended http://www.expressguns.com.  Just add $50 bucks to the officer prices if your not an Law Enforcement.

# Police (any commissioned officer)
# Sheriff (commissioned or reserve)
# Fire (including volunteer)
# Campus Security
# Corporate Security
# Private Security
# Coroner
# Airline Pilot

They still have M&P15A in stock.

Here's some pics of my gun:

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#11]
my M&P is perfect. i did replace the buffer with the 9mm buffer per the advice of a buddy. you would be very happy with the S&W.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top