Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:31:53 PM EDT
i already have a dpms panther lite and i want a higher tier rifle.  is it better to buy a Colt 6920 or just replace the upper with a Bravo Company (and therefore saving a few hundred bucks)?  2 rifles or 1.5?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
the BCM would be fine
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
what would be better is a Bravo middy  upper with a Troy BUIS and Bravo M16 BCG,a Mega lower with an LMT LPK,a milspec buffer tube and a Magpul CRT stock .anything DPMS is not top shelf .
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
what would be better is a Bravo middy  upper and Bravo M16 BCG,a Mega(or Sun Devil) lower with an LMT LPK,a milspec buffer tube and a Magpul CRT stock .

This +
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
no need to waste your money on a billet lower (I did and can't see the upside) the finish is nice but there is no up side I have a Sun Devil and an Arizona Armory (they are the same ) and I far prefer a forged lower to a billet.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
no need to waste your money on a billet lower (I did and can't see the upside) the finish is nice but there is no up side I have a Sun Devil and an Arizona Armory (they are the same ) and I far prefer a forged lower to a billet.

waste Lots of forged lowers cost more than the Sun Devil and lots of forged lowers are less consistent in their fit and finish. I don't have a Billet lower but do have 3 forged lowers and they all work fine but the Sun Devil's I've seen fit and look much better than all my forged lowers, my next lower will be a Sun Devil. I don't see any benefit in my Billet Larue upper but I love it anyway, so was it a waste of money? not to me at least.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a BCM upper, fill it up with good parts, then finish building a rifle underneath it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
what about just getting the 6920 upper? a complete one is available locally (slightly used) for about $750, including the charging handle and BCG.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the 6920 then sell your DPMS and get a BCM upper.  Then build a lower for your BCM upper.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm leaning towards the NIB 6920 and then putting pink furniture on the DPMS (my wife thinks its a lot of fun to shoot).....and if i make th panther "her gun" she might not be as mad when i buy the Colt.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i'm leaning towards the NIB 6920 and then putting pink furniture on the DPMS (my wife thinks its a lot of fun to shoot).....and if i make th panther "her gun" she might not be as mad when i buy the Colt.

That's what excuse I use(minus the pink), wife needs her own weapons. Allows you to buy twice as many.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get the 6920 then sell your DPMS and get a BCM upper.  Then build a lower for your BCM upper.

That's what I'd do.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
what would be better is a Bravo middy  upper with a Troy BUIS and Bravo M16 BCG,a Mega lower with an LMT LPK,a milspec buffer tube and a Magpul CRT stock .anything DPMS is not top shelf .

Thats crap. There is nothing wrong with your DPMS lower, and if someone is worrying about their lower being "top shelf" they obviously don't have to much experience with lowers to begin with.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats crap. There is nothing wrong with your DPMS lower, and if someone is worrying about their lower being "top shelf" they obviously don't have to much experience with lowers to begin with.

I agree, I used a DPMS lower for my Mark 18 SBR, runs just fine
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not the lower I would be concerned with but the LPK/FCG that is stuffed inside of it.  So someone who is worried about thier complete lower being top shelf can indeed have much expirience.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#16]
ah hell,  i just ordered the 6920 from an internet dealer. boy am i gonna be in trouble!!!

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ah hell,  i just ordered the 6920 from an internet dealer. boy am i gonna be in trouble!!!

Come on over to the Colt forum to post your pics when it comes in.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'll head over there now.  i can post pics of my first Colt, which I picked up last week.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yeaah! that's the way to be.  use a spike's or cmmg 22LR conversion kit in the DPMS
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt Forum?  What'd I miss?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt Forum?  What'd I miss?

over in the industry section.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]
its good to drink the koolaid.  hopefully it wont take too long to get my new toy!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This ^
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top