Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:01:07 PM EDT
Dennys Billet Lower, Timney 4# Trigger, MIAD, A2 Stock w/ Duracoat.  I'm expecting the mate, an 18" LaRue Stealth Upper in about a week or so, can't wait.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!

I haven't done a billet build yet. How was Denny's lower to work with?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice

I think my next AR build just might have to be with a billet lower.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Awesome!

I haven't done a billet build yet. How was Denny's lower to work with?

Not bad at all, especially considering this is my first build.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very nice

I've got a TI (the company that makes Denny's lowers) and the only issue I had was with the mag catch gate interfering with the bolt catch.  I just ground a little off of the bottom of the bolt catch and hit it with some cold blue.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
^^^What LPK did you use, sounds to me more like a piece of the LPK was not in spec and not necessarily the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice

I've got a TI (the company that makes Denny's lowers) and the only issue I had was with the mag catch gate interfering with the bolt catch.  I just ground a little off of the bottom of the bolt catch and hit it with some cold blue.

I did have the exact same problem using a RRA bolt catch, the bottom of the catch interfered w/ the raised portion of the receiver around the mag release button.  I swapped it out with a DPMS catch and the problem went away.  I didn't mention it earlier because I had just assumed that the RRA catch was slightly out of spec.  It wouldn't have been a problem with a standard forged receiver, but something to be aware with these due to their unique shape.

Was it a RRA bolt catch that gave you problems too?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a nice looking lower.
Will a Norgon ambi mag catch work on that lower?
From what I see in the pic, I don't think it will..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top